Need your advice???

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 16
I have a camaro Z28, my alternator puts out 140 ampres, do i need a HO alternator, or am i good. I have around an 800-900 rms system with a cap!!! along with a couple of TV's, underbody neons, motorized Lambo doors, playstation, extra gauges, and a couple neons inside. If all that stuff matters???

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 312
Yea I'd say go with a bigger alternator with that much electrical stuff running. I wouldn't personally want to destroy any of that expensive equipment for something as stupid as not having a large enough alternator.

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 17
how many ampres do you think i will need???

Username: Chvyzl1

LA, CA

Post Number: 4
well what kinda tv's are they... if they are lcd's i would think 140 amps would be just about fine cause neon lights and lcd's only take a few watts. if i were you i'd go though and add it all up. use this if you need help:

http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 18
they are all TFT,i cant stand that die angle view crap!!!

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 19
side*

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 313
That's just my personal opinion. I'd get like a 180 or 200, just to be safe. Add up the fuses on all your amps, and on the back of all the electronics, add up all the wattage/amperage ratings and see what everything comes to and add like 30A or 40A for everything in the car, if not more. Not sure how much power stuff you have in your car.

Bronze Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 22
Appreciate it Jake!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us