AudioBahn question

Unregistered guest
I'm looking to power 2 10" audiobahn in ported box. they're like I said, 2 10" subs total 600watts RMS. I am assuming breaking it down would be 300watts RMS each sub. My question is...What kind of a amp should I be looking for?
A Class D mono amp? 1 or 2 Channel amp? and I know I should get lower wattage amp then what I need so I don't blow the subs. All I need to know is what I should look for in a amp to power these subs. I'm not doing any SPL comps., just for kickin' around. Any help is greatly appreciated! You can contact me VIA email: djbeakerb@yahoo.com or AIM: djbeakerb
Thanks again!

thumpinWRANGLER
Unregistered guest
get the aduiobahn a8000t. puts off 800watts RMS and would work great. awesome amp for the price

Unregistered guest
But wouldn't I want to get something with less RMS due to the fact of being able to blow the subs since there's more power?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 226
then get a mtx 800d. it puts out 800 watts rms.

Unregistered guest
okay...but wouldn't there be a large possibility of blowing my subs with more RMS watts then what the subs are rated for?
The subs I have are rated 600watts RMS togather.
300watts RMS each.
Thanks.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 233
yeah, you should be fine. its better to put more clean power into the than more distortion.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 234
now that i think about it they are audiobahn woofers, not a good idea. find a 600 watt rms amp.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 222
As long as you're careful with them you won't blow them no matter how big an amp you have on them. When you see them bottoming out and/or clipping, you obviously need to exercise self control and turn the volume down :-) Unless of course you want your subs damaged.

Bronze Member
Username: Chada08

Post Number: 36
MTX MXA6001... 600 watts rms at 2 ohms. You can get one on ebay for like 100 bucks (refurbished).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us