A Q for my box

Anonymous

hello, i just made a vented enclosure for my 15" triple X. i constructed it with 3/4" MDF wood, 1 5/8" screws, and liquid nails. I painted the outside of the box and also put coat of polyurethane sealant ontop of the paint. my question is would i need to put anything on the inside of the box, like the polyurethane sealant i used on the paint??

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 317
silicon all the corners...make sure its air-tight.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 49
Would you mind sharing that box design? If not could you e-mail them to me at bertobrown@aol.com. I have been meaning to call RE and ask if they have the specs for a 15 available. Thanks Robbie Brown

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 385
use liquid nail to seal it

Anonymous

i already used the liquid nails, and painted and sealed the outside, i just wanted to know if i should polyuratane seal the whole inside in case it got wet. its a vented box, and if some water got in it it would mess the box up.... would it hurt to seal the whole inside?

Anonymous

i already used the liquid nails, and painted and sealed the outside, i just wanted to know if i should polyuratane seal the whole inside in case it got wet. its a vented box, and if some water got in it it would mess the box up.... would it hurt to seal the whole inside?

Anonymous

?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 144
no leave the inside as is
only thing u need to put inside is polyfill if its needed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help