Intellistart ford mondeo/contour

Username: Trickydickyd

AberdeenScotland

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
First off let me appoligise for the long post. I'm trying to give as much details as possible.

I'm having some problems with installing an intellistart.
It's installed on the back of a concept 300.

It just won't work when I try to activate safe start (pressing headlight and boot release buttons together while engine is running) the indicators flash twice, I turn off the ignition and the engine stops running. If I push the * button while the engine is to active resume power feature again the engine cuts off.

If I try it in Automatic transmission mode. arm the car, press the * button the ignition turns on, the car starts and runs for 2 seconds then cuts off, it then attempts to start again with the same result.

I'm aware that this car has a transponder key so when I'm trying to remote start I'm leaving the key in the ignition while trying to remote start. I intend to glue a programmed transponder onto the RF receiver ring.

I have tried to do the mandatory RPM programming via the valet switch by entering my valet code then push and hold the * side for about 13 seconds until I get 3 chirps. I then push the blank side once, wait for a chirp then press the * side 5 times each time I press the star the alarm chirps. I then get 2 chirps and 2 flashes from the indicators to confirm RPM has been set. I then turn off the ignition and get 3 chirps which I guess is to confirm you have exited programming mode.

I have connected the intellistart to cliffnet wizard on a laptop. When I click on the starter icon and click RPM I get "no code" in the little box. Starting Threshold is displaying 0. Pulses/revs are set to 0 but I have tried changing this to different numbers with no luck.
On the Input Status & Output Control When I click Turn Ignition On the ignition turns on when I click start engine the engine does not start. If I click pulse starter the starter pulses once and 90% of the time it's enough to start the car. When I click Start Engine while in automatic transmission I think it starts and the engine will run for about 2 seconds the shut down again.
So it looks like it could be a problem with programming the RPM although it seems to be programming ok via the valet switch.
I am using Cliffnet Wizard Pro 2.1 but I have just got a hold of version 2.2 but have yet to try that.
Wire Connections:
1 Orange Accessory output -- Connected this to the wire that is live when the key is live when the key is turned 1 click
2 Red Battery positive (30-amp fuse) 12V (+) input -- Connected directly to the battery
3 Orange/Gray Ignition 2 output -- Not Connected
4 Green/Blue Ignition 1 output -- Connected to the wire that is live when the key is turned 2 clicks
6 Gray/Orange Heater 2 output -- Not Connected
7 White/Blue Starter output -- Connected to the wire that is live during cranking
8 Red Battery positive (30-amp fuse) 12V (+) input -- Connected directly to the battery
9 Gray Heater / Air Conditioner 1 output -- Not connected

1 Black/Green Ground for automatic transmission mode -- Not connected (unless I am trying to start in automatic transmission mode).
2 Violet/White Pulse out (negative) after remote start for door lock upon remote start -- Not Connected
3 White/Black Hood input (-) -- Connected to hood switch (unless I am trying to start in automatic transmission mode).
4 White/Violet Pulse out (negative) before remote start for factory disarm prior to remote start -- Not connected
5 Red Battery positive (5-amp fuse) 12V (+) input -- Connected directly to battery
6 Blue/Orange Out (negative) when remotely started for additional ignition relay or factory disarm -- Not connected
7 Black Ground -- Connected directly to battery
8 Blue/Black Negative switching "Wait to Start" bulb for diesel engine installations -- Not connected

9 Blue/Yellow Positive switching "Wait to Start" bulb for diesel engine installations -- Not connected
10 Blue/Green Automatic transmission, connect to reverse light / manual, connect to emergency brake light -- Connected to ignition live until I get the system working correctly then I will connect to a relay that will supply a live when the hand brake is up (unless I am trying to start in automatic transmission mode).
11 Blue/White Brake light input (+) - Connected to the wire that is live when brake pedal is pressed
12 Black/Gray RPM Input -- Connected to the wire behind the instrument cluster that supplies the signal for the tach. I have also tried connecting this to the injector wire. I know I'm getting a signal through this wire to the intellistart as I have connected an aftermarket tach to it and get an accurate readout when connected to the tach signal but when I try the injector wire I get a low reading on the aftermarket tach but I'm guessing this is because the signal is different.

I have had this problem posted on the12volt forums but nobody there could help:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~101193~PN~1~TPN~1

Youtube video of the problem:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9kfyHzQUkw
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us