HELP!! I can't register my BlackBerry 8300 (Curve) on my Pioneer 9800BT!

Username: Protego2103

Post Number: 5
Hey guys, I need some help. I can't get my BB to register and automatically link with the BT on my HU. I can use the BT without an issue, but I have to manually log in every time. Does anyone know how to bypass the issue? I've tried calling Crutchfield, followed every instruction in the HU manual and the Troubleshooting guide on my BB and nothing's worked thus far. Also, I can't find a # for RIM in order to get help from them, so I'm pretty much on my own. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 800
does the hu not see it or does the blackberry not see the hu? if the bb can't see it it's possible it's a firmware issue or pass code. if the hu can't see it u know it's gotta be the blk berry and lastly maybe it's not capable of what ur trying to do. this is just from the random knlowledge i have of bluetooth.

Username: Protego2103

Post Number: 8
Keith, I can use my BB on the BT connection, but I'm unable to register the phone on the HU like the manual says it should. I was hoping someone would have a similar situation and know how to fix it. I guess I'll just have to call BB tech support.

Username: Mickeytwist

Post Number: 1
did you ever get it worked out?

I've had trouble with similar issues and someone suggested that I should just update the firmware on my handset. Took me a while to locate it but i found they had updated firmware on the 'downloads' tab at http://www.timtechs.com/unlocked-blackberry-8300-curve-prd169.html Is this a good idea or unnecessary? Im not sure, haven't tried it yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us