My fukin hu 2

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4005
I just hooked it up 2 the battery in my car accesory and power and the grd on the negative and i got nothing at all from the hu so im guessing theres something wrong internally since i checked the fuse and that is still completly fine

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4396
wow charlie maybe if you stopped cumming on your equipment maybe it would work

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4006
im sorry dave your mom was just so good in my car that night that it went everywhere

but on a serious note im pissed right now

btw guys its a pioneer premier 780

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5202
I guess we need to steer clear of Pioneer head units now...there's way too many issues with RCA grounding and I hear about them going out like Charlies every once in a while.Maybe you should get a Sony Xplod HU :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6642
I told rep at best buy about the issue since they carried them....I know I wont buy one

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4007
wtf i wish i heard this b4 i bought it im going for the warranty on it right now through woofersetc.com see how it goes

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5168
havnt heard of those going out, wonder what happend. open it up and post a picture.

and rob, the alt whine noise is a common problem but is easy to fix if you know what your doing, you just need to solder in a resistor in place of the pico on the board and it fixes it like new, iv done a few units now and will be happy to do anyone elses. but should not determine the buying factor, if you hook everything up right anyway you shouldnt have a problem with it, charlies case seems rare to me.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4010
i just dont get it because it worked at first and then it just started taking a crap on me lol i emailed them waiting to hear back but mat i dot want to open it up for obvious reasons right now but ill see wat they say and if i dont have to send it back ill take it apart

Gold Member

Post Number: 5207
Head units shouldn't have grounding problems when they're brand new Mat.Chad had issues with the grounding and so have tons of other Ecoustics members.When you buy something that's brand new should you have to fix it?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5174
no i agree their design on that part sucks, they should have just used a floating ground not a damn pico. but other then that they are nice units. and like i said not to hard of a fix.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5209
It's not a matter of being hard to fix or not.When I buy something new I don't expect that I have to fix it when it's brand spankin new :-(

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3597
Ya but do you have all the needed power wires hooked up? Isn't there more than one for Pioneer, not that I would know or anything I myself can't stand them but most of there problems stent from the fact that there customers are self-installing them, lOl. BTW Bestbuys guys are some of the most stupid people I have ever met, seriously. I once told a dude from our BestBuy that I have a 300A alternator, a single 15 running on 4500+ watts and he told me it was impossible and he wanted to see. I told him ok lets make a deal, you show me two 300A ANL fuses that I needed and I will show you my car, he was like ANL, 300A? I laughed and about-faced my @ss out the door, retardsss. Polo. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2923
I was gonna go check the wirering diagram for you at Pioneer, but they want me to sign in or register. flunk that. if you have a diagram post it. or a link.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4011
marc it worked at one time it worked for about 2 months then it started acting up i rewired it and then it just didnt work again i followed the diagram exactly.

I even took the acc wire and the power wire and put them on the battery now that would make it atleast illuminate the screen but it didnt do nething so idk

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3285
I've been telling people to stay away from Pioneer HUs forever and nobody believes me

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 617
I had this problem with my Pioneer DEH-5900 (older version) in my Jimmy S-15 and it turned out that the horn fuse was the problem. Replaced the fuse and it worked again!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3287
^^^^^ Thats probably because in those vehicles the interior lights and some other things are on the same circuit as the horn.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2924
You want me to come look at it? Pm me if so.
Otherwise. good luck .

Gold Member

Post Number: 5238
Yea...I had problems with my high end JVC too...for some reason it shorted out the factory power wire.So I ran a thicker gauge wire and a fuse that was equal to the draw or rating on the HU and it's been fine ever since.Crappy stock wiring...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6657
its pretty bad when I end up saying id rather buy a kenwood cd player over the pioneer. By the way thats all I care for that kenwood makes.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4016
marc ill wait to see what woofersetc says about a warranty but if they dont say nething u can take a look if u want lol i just wish i knew where my dmm was it would be simple if i had that

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2925
heres a new hu for you.
Not a bad deal.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/441074087.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us