UFC

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5026
Chuck Lidell Vs Jean Jardine(Sardine) :-)

Who do you guys got?I think Jean out of his uber speed but then again Chuck has insane knock out power...not much of a chin though anymore.Chuck is also out of shape...kinda.

Bronze Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 86
Im gonna go for Chuck. Ive never really seen Jardine fight but he looks pretty dam mean. should be a good fight. Whoe is Forest Griffin supposed to fight tonight?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1827
I gotta take Chuck in his fight. Coming off a KO loss, you know he's lookin to knock some one the hell out. Forrest Griffin is fighting Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Forrest has his hands full. He's a man for asking for the fight but man....Shogun should whoop his @ss.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 192
chuck man

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2628
Chuck Liddell over Keith Jardine

Mauricio(shogun)Rua over Forrest Griffin

Diego Sanchez over Jon Fitch

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2854
Chuck. But I really wanna see him step up and fight Cro Cop.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6832
where do you watch that fight???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
Its on PPV.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
Anybody watching this first fight??? Incredible!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
yea...that had to be the most exciting and best ground work ive seen in a fight

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838
Forrest is winning!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1839
Damn!!!! What a performance by Forrest Griffin...Choked him out with 17 seconds left in the fight.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Awesome fight!! Choked him out with 20 seceonds left

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
lol you beat me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
lol you beat me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1840
This is one of the best UFC's I've seen recently...and theres not even a title fight..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I know..i really wasnt sure if i wanted to pay 40 bucks for this cuz most of the time when i think theres gonna be some great fights...it usually sucks..glad i ordered it though. Ready for the main event...GO CHUCK!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1841
Jardine is winning so far....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1842
Keith Jardine beats Chuck Liddell in split decision. Deservingly.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6834
i know it was alright but for me jardine did hit chuck pretty hard

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 631
Ok, I was the one saying Chuck's loss to Quentin was bs, but I've gotta be honest.....after seeing his fight with Keith I'll be the first to admit it, it's over.
He just dosnt have it anymore. I'm not sure if it's mental, physical or what, but Chuck isnt that powerhouse knock'em out fighter anymore, its over.
I think he's in the position Randy was a few years back.
I'm not saying it's over over for Chuck, hell Randy came back after some devastating losses at 40+ years old and regained the world championship.
But as it is right now, and i hate sayin it, Chuck hasnt proven he has what it takes to be a top contender in the UFC for 2 consecutive fights.
He's over, he needs to recenter his focus, train, and find whatever it is that gives him drive to win.

As for Forrest Griffen, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
That fight was so fricken badass.
It couldnt have ended any better to, that was one of the best fights i've ever seen!

Was a great fight night, i just wish it would have ended with either of the earlier fights. Chucks fight was boring and a let down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5027
"This is one of the best UFC's I've seen recently...and theres not even a title fight.."

Hell yea.I couldn't agree more.It was a crazy fight night and all of the fights were great.These mixed martial artists just keep getting better and better.Saw some new and never before submission defense techniques and to me it was like seeing quite a bit of evolution in the sport.As far as Chuck Lidell goes well...all it seemed he was looking for was that one bomb but they only landed on his face,the leg kicks and body kicks absolutely destroyed him and his momentum(Not that he has too much) but...as much I dislike Chuck Lidell because he's a cocky sh1t talker I'd like to see him get rid of the beer gut and come back better and in shape with a new game plan besides relying on his stand up because that's not working for him anymore as you can see.Best 40 bucks I ever made someone spend. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1846
How about that Griffin v. Shogun fight?? Awesome!! I honestly thought that Shogun was gonna submit Forrest in that fight and thats how it was gonna end. But Forrest came out very aggressive and stayed aggressive the entire fight. By the end of the 2nd round shogun didnt have anything left in the tank. Did you see when Forrest took Shoguns back? He looked up at the clock and quickly locked in the choke with like 17 second left....Good stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5028
Yea,hahaha.Shogun needs better conditioning.He was out of gas so fast.He looked terrible in that fight IMO.It reminded me of Tank Abbot almost lol.Then again Forrest looked a bit tired himself but he kept going,he showed a lot of heart.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
Tank Abbott...lol. Who was that he fought when they were just kickin him in the legs and the side and he was so winded he was trying to fight with hands on his hips?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5029
Uhhh...I'm still kinda drunk from 5 hours ago so I can't remember who tooled Tank Abbot like a like girl =/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1854
haha...it was a long time ago anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5031
Oh in case you read the original post I called Keith Jardine "Jean Jardine",I was already buzzing and yea...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2634
WOW

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1869
i successfully predicted all 3 of the main fights...if anyone chooses to believe that lol.

first of all Jon Fitch over Diego Sanchez, OBVIOUSLY! Jon Fitch is my favorite 170lb fighter, maybe my favorite period. AWESOME to see him finally get some spotlight, the guy is sick. Diego Sanchez is hugely overrated to me, I actually thought he had his best performance ever last night, and Fitch still dominated, but like i said Fitch is truely top tier, he should be fighting for a shot at the title next IMO.

Griffin over Shogun was pretty much what i expected. People overlook the difference between pride and UFC, I gotta think shogun was nervous and then when he realized holy sh!t this guy can scrap, he got gassed.

Regarding what Zac said about Chuck, i've been telling my friends for some time, things have been way to easy for Chuck. If ANYTHING can revive his career, i bet it'll be the loss to Jardine. It had been sooooo long since he was in a real scrap where someone actually beat him the phuck up, i think he needed it. He was getting away with just relying on the big KO shot for a long time, and then a fight like this comes, he can't get it, and he looked shocked! so he starts pressing for it and just misses wildly.

all in all UFC seventy whatever the hell it was, was awesome for a non-title event!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5035
Well...Chuck makes it easy for his opponents by only relying on KO power.They just train to either dodge,parry,evade or take the shot and counter.They don't have to worry about him trying to submit or take them to the ground.They he all he's going to do is stand up and go for that big punch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5036
" but like i said Fitch is truely top tier, he should be fighting for a shot at the title next IMO."

Yea...I like Fitch as a fighter and he's super under-rated.He's an animal but let's see how he does against guys like Hughes,Serra and GSP.Should be crazy.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6490
Chuck is done. He's too out of shape to compete any more. I think it's time for him to make like Hulk Hogan and go to hollywood or enter boxing.
I wonder if he's able to stand today. He took too many shots to the ribs and leg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2642
I thought the Pride guys would dominate but hell the only ones that have won are Anderson Silva and Quinton Jackson. Am I forgeting anyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us