Final install a success, but I'm quite perplexed about a few things.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 346
Ok, the component install was a success, but I'm a l ittle confused. I added the amp to my Infinity reference comps, now it seems my subs aren't hitting as hard. I know my comps are now louder, but I think it's something more. Also, I get a terrible engine wine, I'm going to check my ground, rca's, ect. One of the crossovers that I got with the comps are near my power cord, could this be causing the engine wine as well? Another strange thing: since I added the new amp, and even at high volumes, my lights do not dim at all. I would think since adding more current draw it would get worse. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 271
That could be causing the engine wine, but if your power cord is near your RCA's and remote then that could also be the problem. Make sure you run the power cord on the opposite side of the car than your other wires. Also how much RMS power on the amps are you running and what size alternator do you have, because if the amp isn't too powerful that would be it.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 347
I thought the remote was suppose to be on the same side as the power cord? if not than that might be it. the RCAs are not on the same side. I have an Orion Hcca 250 pushing my two perfects at 800rms, and a PG pushing 80rms to each set for a total of 160rms. my alt. is the stock alternator, something like 80-90 amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us