Speakers as headphones?

Username: Lizardlover

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, well, just signed up and this is my first post. Well, I didn't know where to ask, but my friend said he reads here whenever he has a problem and told me to sign up and try it.

But anywase, you know those big a%% headphones that go around your ears? (Not inside) Like the big round things, and they look like those headphones in which pilots wear for talking.

Well, I saw in a store the other day, some small round speakers, and subwoofers. Yes I know they're crap, and cheap (And a very stupid/ pointless idea) And they're about the size as the normal headphones that I just mentioned.

But they need to be wired up to an amp just like car speakers, I have no probelm with making the headphonees them selves (Casing/ wiring etc...) but, is it possible for me to just hook the speakers required power to a battery, and just have the sound hook up to my mp3 player?

I can find a battery small and strong enough to power them (I don't even care about the size, it would be in my pocket anywase.) it's just, how would I hook up the power, and sound to the speakers?

Reason being? Well, I have some really loud earphones, and I can still hear around me when they're turned up.But there's no bass. And I wanted to put the big headphones (Made of only the small subwoofer speakers) Around my ears inside of the big headphone case.

Sorry if it's not very descriptive, I can explain more.

P.s, I would be using a audio splitter for both my ear phones, and the headphones I'm making. (I.e. a single cable that plugs into my mp3 player, and comes out as 2, for plugging in multiple head/ear phones.)

Username: Discoboy2009

Post Number: 10
oh bro this is easy ive done this be for just get an ohm pusher and a D cell batterry and your good to go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us