Sennheiser HD-201 vs. JBL Reference 410

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 2100
I've owned both these heat sets for a while and I thought I jot down some impressions.

These two headphones are about the same price, are about as well built as each other, but the could not sound more different.

Sennheiser HD-210
I pick these up for under $15 online somewhere about 2-years ago and they've served me well as a basic "around the house" headphone.

They are forward sounding, have very good mid-range resolution, and are comfortable; however, they do get hot for extended listening, and are very thinnish in the bass category. If you like thumping bass-lines, look elsewhere.

JBL Reference 410
I bout these a few months back also for about $15, but haven't had the opportunity to listen to them thoroughly until recently.

The 410s are a solidly build, folding design, one that provides a very tight fit that is perhaps a bit too tight, and also a bit hot, I found them to be slightly uncomfortable, but they do create a tight seal, that lends itself to the heavy bass sound of the 410.

This headphone is all about the bass, bass is up front, solid, and omnipresent, mid-rage sadly is setback and muddy, which doesn't make for very pleasant listening in my book.

The Winner:
The Sennheiser HD-210.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2101
Sorry for the typos above, obviously I meant the Sennheiser HD-201, not 210.

...and headphone not "heat set"???

Username: Gregoryt

White Plains, New York United States

Post Number: 2
Just learned something new, I did not know that JBL, made headphones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2326
They do, sort of, the Reference 410 are actually re-badged AKG K26P, another Harman company,

Username: Gregoryt

White Plains, New York United States

Post Number: 5
Okay, gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us