Deep bass rendition issues

giles
Unregistered guest
i recently purchased a pair of technics rpf 550, but saturation occured as soon as i turned the volume up a tad with heavy basses (an irritating buzzing sound accompanied the bass) so i returned them.
what is it that defines bass rendition? is it impedence, maximum input capacity or what??
does anyone know of any headphones under $200 that would have excellent rendition of deep bass at higher volumes??
any advice greatly appreciated, thanx

Username: Bose_boy

Post Number: 5
Tri-Ports

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 60
Tri-Ports are seriously some of the worst cans that I have heard! Look at any cans by grado if you want bass at high volumes. Preferably the grado sr-80

I personally have stax SRM-001 MKII electrostatic IEM's. These do almost everything well.

However, they will set you back $239 from www.audiocubes.com. They are an audiophile set, and do not reccomend them for cranking, as I believe they are too good for that.

go to www.head-fi.org if you want to get some more answers.

my answer is BOSE BLOWS.

that is the common opinion around here. Ask anyone that has compared them to HIGH END equipment like stax and grado. The difference will speak for itself.

Bronze Member
Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 71
Here is a serious set of SONY's: Sony Studio Monitor MDR-DS3000

Bronze Member
Username: Caldera

Post Number: 16
I am not the world's greatest expert on headphones. But I do know that the Koss titanium headphones produce remarkably deep bass. I have a high end Sony CD player that can actually produce the deep bass, and by listening to a pipe organ recording, etc. I know they go way down there, to a whole deeper level than my speakers, which are pretty good. I suggest you give them a try.

Unregistered guest
check out american dj hp 700 headphones....i can highly recoment them. they sound great and are not expensive.
http://www.djzone.net/pg/reviews/gear/hp700-review.shtml
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us