Happy late birthday, Paul!!!

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18172
Thanks. Couple more years and it'll be the big 40. Ouch. Couple good quotes:

"In the game of life nothing is less important than the score at halftime."

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

And last but not least....

I'm not 37, I'm 18 with 19 years experience.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10298
Looks like I will be receiving my sub tomorrow :-) :-) :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18182

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22281
happy birthday paul.

tell me what you think about this paul. me taking out a second mortgage to buy turbo and to have some extra spending money.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18185
What kind of interest rate would you get? With the housing market in the toilet I'm guessing you'd find a good one. When I bought my house I locked in at 5 1/2%. I was elated.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18188
Hey Chad here's a question for you. How much of a shipping discount do you get with UPS if you have an account with them? How much does this service cost or is it free?

I wanna sell those ED 13Kv.2 subs I have but ED has free ground shipping on them and they list them at $100/ea. Even though I only paid $50 for them shipping for me is about $30. Add in all my Ebay and Paypal fees I need like $75/ea for them. Add the shipping and I'm now more expensive than ED. I gotta find a cheaper way to ship them or I'd lose money doing it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22298
paul i was just joking about second mortgage thing.

well for our store we get an insane discount. thats cause we ship 20+ boxes a day that weigh at least 20lbs each. on a good day, i ship out 60 boxes. so yeah we get real cheap.

cheapest way to ship them is usps.

btw how much do they weigh?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18189
Shipping label has them at 18lbs. I plugged those numbers into UPS's chart and from NJ to CA it's $28.

And good one about the mortgage deal. I was thinking to myself that you don't need to finance anything lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22302
thats about right. we get a discount from over all cost so i can't say how much we save really.

your best bet is to use usps.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18191
Well I have one of them on Ebay right now. I want to see how that goes. I have a listing on Craigslist also. locally would be my best bet if I can sell them. No shipping $$ means better savings to the buyer.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22304
yeah paul. if you average around $6000 - $8000 on ups fees every month like we do, i am sure you will get some discount as well. lol.

its not just our store though. there are 500 other stores around here that do the same thing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18193
I have 6 subs.

I'm out of the running.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18194
Holy hell batman. My sub on Ebay already sold! I made $25 profit in a couple hours.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22320
nice paul. congrats.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14150
SUP KIDZ !

aw shux pauly i missed ur b\day - hope u had a good 1

sometimes i take brief break from this forum since d threads sometimes becomes same ol same ol

time for a serious front change - since i sold my infinities early last yr i dropped in a pair of 50wrms crystal audio coax & its been in there since then (was giving 100wrms daily & it takes it...couldnt make up my mind what to go with next ....really like DLS comps models like from 100wrms up - kinda pricey though

well today a local CDT dealer had a few items on close out sale & i bought a pair of http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1117
paid us$173\pair

& for rear fill off HU power
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?Product_ID=3616&fuseaction=product.display
paid us$63

heard d comps b4 in a wagon shaped like mine & i liked em

if i get time i will install it this friday or maybe sunday most likely

oh btw - my bro recently brought me a alpine 9886 which i ordered to replace my 3yr old Premier 860 ...after about 45 mins i decided i didnt like it ! ...my ol deck IMO is much BETTER ! ...features in d alpine not very well layed out , harder to find too , even d song listing all i have to do is turn d right dial on my premier to see it asap unlike d alpine which u have to press a button 3 times to see d list...no display to look at on d alpine either - boring as heck

sold its azz within a few days & made about us$95 more than i paid for it -lol ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22339
that is nice rovin. you finding deals FTMFW!!! you always find good deals.

also yes on the alpine. people swear by alpine head units but the higher (even the lower) line pioneers sound way better. some people don't believe me though.

now the alpine double din is a whole new beast to tame. it is sick.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14152
man if u tell that to ppl like MS he wont believe u since he is a alpine HU junkie ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10501
Rovin what kind of airspace do you run the alpine type r 12's in and what port tune do you prefer? Also the box you commented on is going to have the aero ports because he wants more output and I also figured the sq would improve as well as the bass extension since it did in Chads box we helped him with.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14158
well i never ran mine above 1.75cuft to not use up trunk space ....had mine at 32hz used to set off alarms a nice distance away

i sugg trimming d port to him as a quick way of him getting a idea rather than building a whole new box to if he would like that higher freq bass ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14159
i personally hate anything tuned above 38hz - sounds annoying to me since u miss like 1\2 d music ...

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10326
Hey Sean, I saw you IMed me yesterday man. Did you need to talk to me about anything?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10506
Yeah Rovin I know why you were saying just trim the port in your current enclosure but I knew Chads results with aero's but I didnt want to post that in that thread.

Yanks Fan....No just saw you online and figured we could chat about the sound splinter install.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10329
Oh ok. Just making sure it wasn't anything that needed to be addressed soon.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22367
sean, yanks fan is just too cool to just chat with us. i im him all the time on aim and he never responds.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10331
^When was the last time you IMed me Chad? Lol.

I've actually been meaning to talk to you Chad about the RL-s and box suggestions so hit me up for once.

And Sean, you know I'm always open to IMing whenever I'm on bud. Just keep IMing me, I'll be there eventually lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4287
"Dropped my camera in the toilet"

Lol, i love this thread title. what were you taking a picture of that caused you to drop it in the toilet lol. Thats if it really happened.

Anyways. I'm going to make a comeback in audio. Should have some funds coming in that I can use towards some projects that I have in mind ;).

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2683
lol Berny. Nah, I didn't drop it in. But this one time I called my friend and his dad answered. I asked why the phone sounded all weird and i guess he dropped it in the toilet lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22388
lol steve. again with your one liners. you kill me man. hahahahaha.

yanks, cool i'll try to get on sometime this week. don't pull a steve on me. last week he invites me to chatroom and then leaves. i hate that. lol.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2686
lol. I don't remember that. If I left I probobly had to do something important. Why would I want to leave chat? It's somewhat but not really the best part of my day.:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18270
Well I guess it's better than ads all over the forum but wow. Anything to drum up some revenue.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2697
lol. Well that's.......

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2701
What's going on everyone?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18284
Some kinda scary news at work. Looks like my truss plant will close the production facility at my location. I'm told the design staff and sales have nothing to worry about though. Meaning they will continue operating as a satellite office for incoming sales and design and shifting production elsewhere. Nothing is concrete or even confirmed yet.

The other twist is I am the senior designer of three here with no current manager due to the budget cuts. That's about to change. One designer is transferring to a sister plant Nov 3rd. The other has just become a salesman. That leaves me as the sole designer at our location. I AM the entire design department as of Nov 3rd. THAT'S scary but also is a potential benefit. When the market eventually (crosses fingers) rebounds and we thrust forward and open production again and hire more designers I will be 1st in line as design manager with 100k+/year potential.

This is a low point in our industry. If I can lay low and hang on things may just turn out bright and sunny again, with a better horizon.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2704
Damn Paul. That sounds pretty crazy. But 100k/year would be fu<kin' awesome!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18288
Awesome and scary. With opportunity comes risk. I've been toying with leaving this occupation in search of more prosperous avenues. It all revolves around the housing market, which sucks right now, and may take longer than expected to rebound.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10357
Good luck with it Paul. You deserve something awesome like that man.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22422
good luck and congrats pauly.

what happened to yanks fan's thread in that radio section? the one with the title that says "please don't open".

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2711
The admin probably deleted it.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4491
hey guys i started a thread in the home audio section. iots suppose to be help me please but theres a typo so if u guys would like to help me i would love it. thanks guys oh ya its in the speakers section

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4494
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/517410.html

heres the link figured it would be better

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18300
I'm telling you guys more and more ppl are turning to HT for bass these days.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14164
sup guys

my net was down since monday & just came back ...feel like something in my life was missing lol

check it out https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/517458.html

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2720
That's an awesome score Rovin. Damn

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10367
"
what happened to yanks fan's thread in that radio section? the one with the title that says "please don't open"."

Admin must have deleted it. I always looked at that thread cause it had prices all laid out for me. Son of a biscuit.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2722
lol. Make a new one:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10550
Paul....I hope things work out for you at your current job.

"I'm telling you guys more and more ppl are turning to HT for bass these days."

I have had a home theater set up for years now but its funny this topic came up because I was just thinking about building a homemade sub with a plate amp out of my rockford 12 I have. It only handles 100 rms and its a single 4 ohm. I think what ill do is get the box built for it first and test it off my receiver power and see if a 70 watt plate amp will be enough.

Rovin....good score

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18311
Good luck with that Sean. HT subs don't require nearly as much power as car audio so don't feel behind with even as little as 70w.

Sorry Chad. Looks like my Kicker amp is sold. Unless you bid higher lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT%26item%3 D140268682417

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4169
So folks.....I am going back to school. Going for my Bachelor's in Business Management. Registered and got my financial aid approved. I'm pumped. First, I am going to work on mine and my wife's daycare. Second, I am going to open my own audio shop and bring some of these online companies, i.e. DD, to the Portland area.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4170
BTW, I was seriously having regrets about getting the sd2.5's but I think they may have broken in or something. Cause now they are fu(king way louder than they first were. And there is more low end authority. Seriously, I have never owned a pair of subs that had that much of a difference from just breaking in.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22434
np paul.

congrats jesse.

guys, like 5 months ago, i sold a set of rd audio alpha components to a member named thieves on here. when he bought it and installed it, he was like he really like those comps alot. then yesterday he texts me and says "no offense but i think the tweeter was blown when you sent it to me".

i told him i don't think so. then he tells me "it sounds scratchy at high volumes, only on some music or notes".

that could be many factors. its amazing what some people will claim.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18324
That's outstanding news Jesse. I personally would love a business of my own. The hard work pays off. Especially to good ppl.

Damn Chad. I can't imagine thieves doing that. He seems like such a low key guy. But we've all seen the dark side to alot of members here before. It can be shocking.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14176
chad - thats outrageous for him to complain 5mths after so he shouldnt say anything after so long ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22436
yeah i know. oh well let him complain. there's nothing i can do for him.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4501
lol chad btw i think the rd alpha u sold me was blown.

i installed it and it was all scratchy and barely moved

jk buddy hes just complaining cause he blew it

btw guys i have no idea what to do for this ht problem lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18335
It's not a problem, it's a desire. Find out what your desire is and act on it, within your means. You don't need to go crazy on watts Charlie. Especially on the sub. I just did because I'm an extremest and I like my toys.

I personally steered away from those HTIB bundles but to tell you the truth they are a good deal. It gives you what you're after at an affordable price. All the engineering has been done for you.

I just couldn't find one that had a 1000w 18" subwoofer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10553
You could buy pieces at a time and get what you really want as you can afford them. Talk to Brad he can help guide to what you want. One brand I thought I saw him talk about was athena which is supposedly made by Klipsch (if so thats good) when he was helping someone else set up a home theater I think.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4503
okay guys ill def talk to brad he helped me out a lot when i built my comp.

ya paul i know what u mean and i dont care im using my 15" mag lol. but do u need a ported box or will sealed work fine?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22443
guys last night i downloaded michael jackson album. its called the number ones i think. anyways it has all his hits like billy jean, beat it, bad, black or white, thriller, and many others.

when i was young, i used to think only f@gs listen to michael jackson. but as i got older, i guess i appreciate music more. this album is recorded with high quality and really shines on your system.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18357
MJ did indeed have many quality songs Chad. "You are not alone" and "Man in the mirror" are still a couple of my favs. Growing up in the 80's you couldn't go 1 hour without hearing at least 2-3 of his songs on the radio. He was well respected, before all the face changing and child molestation charges mind you lol.

Hey guys, what's the DB record currently at again? 183db? There's an article over in the home audio section posted by Jan stating a speaker producing 165dbs is the world's loudest. Check it out.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/517949.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22446
you are right paul. 180+db has been done. but that's in car. i think that speaker he posted does that kinda numbers in the open.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14185
yep ppl nowadays only like to hear hip hop \ rap since thats d 'cool' in thing especially those who like to bump LOUD music ...if u play loud a nice pop song even by a modern artist like john mayer for example in a show or at a meet with a bunch of car guys ppl r gonna look at u as if ur a freak

....in spite of all his quirks MJ had some totally EXCELLENT songs which nobody can deny ...his thriller & bad albums r my favs ...few yrs back he had a greatest hits collection which u should def get : HISTORY VOL 1

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Vol-1-Greatest-History/dp/B000058T7B

only 10 bux so i def rec u buy it original ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22454
thanks rovin. i doubt i'll buy a cd.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10557
Charlie whether you go sealed or ported is up to you but sealed has the benefit of only having a 12 db per octave below center frequency roll off and ported has a 24 db per octave roll off below tuning. Having said that what you potentially could gain with the sealed box is more low frequencies with less drop in loudness and that could be something you want in a HT setup because some movies hit as low as 10 hz I believe and potentially better sound quality. Having heard the mag in a sealed setup in a car it did seem to be pretty accurate so I would assume it would be in the house also. I havent heard the mag in a ported box but from what ive heard Chad say it really comes alive. How much if any sq is lost im not sure but going ported will give you greater output at and above port tuning about an octave after tuning it is said that a ported box will behave as if its sealed output wise. However having said all that in either choice the room its playing in has an effect so you may want to play the sub in a sealed box and see how it behaves in your target frequency range and take notes so you know how to design your enclosure using a program. As a side note ive read its easier to predict a sealed enclosures response with a program than a ported in a cars setting so the same may be true in a house.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18362
My Mag in a HT ported box sounded beautifully. I made the right move in installing casters so I could easily move the sub around to play with room acoustics. Did the same with my Q box. Now that I repositioned my big screen for my projector setup it gave me more options in sub placement.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10381
"Having heard the mag in a sealed setup in a car it did seem to be pretty accurate"

Hey Chad, what amp did you use when you ran the RL-S'?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10561
Haha yeah thanks to you. Im looking forward to hearing the sound splinter next.

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10382
You and me both my man, you and me both.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22455
yanks i had the jl 1000/1 and the mmats 3500.1

Platinum Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10387
Ahhh ok man. How'd you like the RL-S off the 1000/1. I was debating getting one of those if I can find one for a good price.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22456
honestly that sub needs more power. you need to give it around 1500wrms or more.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4504
thanks sean i like the info ill try out the sealed since thats the box i have downstairs lol. I actually thought the mag was better in the sealed box lol in the car. Now i just need to find some bookshelf speakers for right now lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10565
Charlie...."I actually thought the mag was better in the sealed box lol in the car."

Your welcome. Are you saying you tried both boxes in your car?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4505
yes i did but i also tried the rd alpha in both it wasent to good in the sealed but that sub came alive in a ported.

the mag was just as loud as sealed but i thought sq dropped.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10568
It sounds like the sealed box is what you want then. Unless the ported box wasnt the right size or tuned right because a ported box is usually louder than a sealed box.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18404
Wuzzup dudes?

So I sold my Kicker amp to some other dude on Ebay. Great right? Wrong. Turns out he's in Hawaii. I clearly stated on my listing continental US shipping only. Shipping from Jersey to Hawaii is mucho extra $$$$. So I checked out the shipping info. Ok, so I'm willing to take the bite on shipping. My loss. Now I find out that Paypay won't release the funds until there is a positive feedback rating left on Ebay AFTER the package arrives. This is news to me.

WTF?? When did this happen? So I have to ship the item without payment, then hope the buyer leaves positive feedback on Ebay in order to receive payment??? Of course I will get delivery confirmation and all. Not to mention I'm eating the extra shipping charges to Hawaii.

I ship the amp to this guy. He gets it. He decides to leave negative feedback for some BS reason and I don't get paid?????

What kind of BS is Ebay/Paypal pulling these days?

Anyone else experience this?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10582
It sounds like you already shipped it but if you didnt. Why not offer a second chance to the other bidder or rerun the listing? It wont cost you anything just file a report.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4507
i saw sellers cant leave negative to buyers but i havent seen this wow. looks like im gonna start leaving negative feedback jk that sux paul i dont know what to tell you

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18410
The funds will be released by either a positive feedback, confirmation of delivery, or 21 days. Whichever comes sooner. No I haven't shipped it yet.

Just sucks that it can take a month from the point of selling the amp to getting paid. It was on a 7 day auction.

All this on top of Ebay/Paypal fees. You guys see why I'd rather sell to ppl here?

Oh well.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4508
ya that def sux paul i liked it the way it was
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message