Camcorder to laptop

Username: Ejdur22

Post Number: 1
i have recently purchased a laptop with windows vista ihave a jvc gr-d720ek mini dv camcorder. i use to connect the camera via a firewire cable to my computer no problem but my laptop has no firewire port.i tried connecting via a usb cable but windows movie maker wont recognise it can anyone help please

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15400
That's because you cannot use a USB cable to transfer video from the camcorder to the laptop.

You already hit it on the head before with the fire wire.

Username: Ejdur22

Post Number: 2
thanks but i still dont know how to connect via firewire as my laptop does not have a firewire connection

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 69
you can't connect to what doesn't exist.

Buy a PCMCIA Firewire card.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15418
^^^there's your answer.

You may want to invest in a firewire card if you are going to do a lot of video editing. You also need to increase your RAM to 2 gigs, minimum. A laptop is not conducive to video editing.

Username: Shahalam

DhakaBangladesh

Post Number: 1
Hello you all, i saw this posts today and i hope somebody can help me.
I have a problem transfering video from a SONY DSR PD-100P camcorder, the device seems to not be recognized by the computer although it is connected through usb and the device is on, in "dv studio mode".
i have tried on windows movie maker and InterVideo WinDVD Creator but the problem persists.
i am running windows xp sp2 on a laptop.
The device is recognized by the computer and a proper drive is automatically installed, with no error messages.
many thanks in advance, please email me if possible <shahalammba@yahoo.com>

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 142
Read your manual, and install the software Sony gave you.

I highly doubt that Windows Movie Maker or InterVideo WinDVD knows what to do with the DVCAM videos from your Sony.

Username: Ms_mei

Post Number: 2
Hi,

My laptop already has a built-in firewire port and is also running on Windows Vista. But when I tried to connect JVC GR-D90U, the system cannot find the unit while in Video mode. Altho I was able to successfully transfer still pictures while on DCS mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us