Audiobahn?

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 75
Is $150 a good deal on this.. and is it a good amp to begin with? To run 2 kicker 15" comps. and can you name a better amp for the subs, at a better price?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13497

Unregistered guest
stay with kicker or even JBL, audioburn is for bling freaks.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 78
For somereaons people keep reverting me to paying tons of $$ for inferior amps... The fact is... this is a $500 audiobahn amp. I'm gettin a package deal on it with the 2 kickers, and i would pay $150 for the amp... is is sufficent to run 2 15" kicker comps??

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 100
The only place this Amp would cost $500 is at Circuit City! I saw it there last night.
Regularly on Ebay for less than $250. So Still I guess for what it is $150 is still a "deal".

FNG

Anonymouss
Unregistered guest
From what i saw, the amp only put out 400rms, but the kicker 15" can run at 500rms each. Why would you have good subs but a crappy amp to drive it. Audiobahn only has its shinny looks and chrome plating, but it doesn't do any good. It is also recommended not to use two 15s" but it's your decision.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 85
The thing is... i would be gettin everything TOGEATHER at one price, and i don't have a large amount of decent low priced amps laying around. Because yes... there are good amps out there, but can you name a better one to run these subs for a lesser price? The only other one i can get is a Visonic 1000 watt... also, why is it recomended not to have 2 15's?

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 86
I mean, other wise, i could just get one of the kicker comps, and use the visonic amp, for about $200 and make my own box, because i already have 2 polks, and i could just run all 3

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 420
Jesse go for the Audiobahn amp. I think they are decent amps for the money to be honest. Sure there are lots better but when your on a budget then you pretty much have to take what you can get. Bout away your running all these subs what size Alternator are you running? Also becareful when you ask ?s here half these new ppl here don't even have a clue what RMS means. Good people to listen to would be Glass,Johnathan,Bacon,Davids, and I'm pretty good at this stuff myself (not bragging) Good Luck

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 101
yeah, i know that any amp will run any sub... it's just how 'well' it will run... and it's usually pretty easy to tell who know's what they are talkin about. I know some stuff my self, but i'm also new to most of this, and still learning, but that's why i'm on here, is to learn new stuff and help others with their problems, Though, i'm really good with wireing and such because i do computer Network managment at my school... eventhough i'm still in Highschool!

Newbieeee
Unregistered guest
You're gonna need a lot of power to run two 15s". With that $150 amp, it wont do any good at all...no "bump" if you know what i mean. Even with two 12s" it won't give you the performance you desire. I also have two 15" comp, but only uses one cause my trunk can only hold one. I'm driving it with a kicker kx1200.1 (which costs me $700 when it first came out) and it kicks a**. Keep in mind that you gotta choose your amp before you choose your subs. Also each 15" comp requires at least 3cu.ft. per chamber for the enclosure. Make sure both of them will fit in your trunk before you buy it.

STUPIDIDIOT
Unregistered guest
Newbieeee you are a lieing sack of sh!t. If you ran a KX1200.1 on a 15" comp it would blow in about 2 minutes. I have seen those blow pretty fast with just 400 watts. So get your sh!t striat before you come in here lieing your dumbass off.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1256
Honestly, what you said above about people referring you to "inferior" amps is wrong. JBL and Kicker make much better amps than Audiobahn, and I'm sure a JBl 600.1 can be had on ebay for $150 and it puts out more power than that Audiobahn, plus is 1 ohm stable and much more reliable. As far as it being a $500 amp, there's a difference between cost and value. Kicker Comps also aren't the best SPL subs, nor are those Polks you're planning to run with them. Instead of quantity, think quality. My suggestion is to try selling all of the Polks and drop this Kicker Comp and Audiobahn idea, try finding a JBL 600.1 or 1200.1 on ebay, and consider saving for an Adire Audio Brahma 15", or two if you get the 1200.1 and you can afford the trunk space (although they won't take any more room than the Kickers would). Patience is key here, and a single 15" Brahma ported can top 150 db, two can give even more, and is more than those Kickers can do and the system will have better sound quality and be more reliable. You'd only need around 600W to get a Brahma moving to full excursion ported. Yes it is more expensive, but you can make money off the Polks and amp you currently have and drop this idea. That Audiobahn amp also will underpower the subs and isn't all that reliable, also it's overrated. For even more SPL, look into a Resonant Engineering X.X.X. 15", or you could get a single X.X.X. 18" for SPL and give it a JBL 1200.1, wicked SPL there. X.X.X. 18" is $475 (15 is 435), the JBL 1200.1 can be had under $300 (likely around 200 if you shop around) and would be a monster in SPL. I'm sure it's a good bit more than this package deal, but much more SPL and better sound quality, plus reliability.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 32
try looking at a soundstream ega 2440 it's a 880wA4ohms, first site I checked http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=list&category=S oundStream;Amp%20Stereo it's only 225.00 I think that is a sufficient power to run your subs and should be enough for the brahmas Jonathon is recomending. But ask him on the amp suggestion to be sure, I'm kinda new to this stuff, But I'm running a soundstream, and can't say enough good about them.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 108
The fact is, I don't buy 'anything' over the internet. I was just asking if it was a deal on the kickers, but instead everyone just keeps saying oh buy Brahma and XX x... where am i supposed to find those, no one that i've talked to at any of the pro audio stores has even heard of them. I know it would be better to have the best most expensive subs in the world runnin on the best most expensive amps in the world... but i 'don't have that $$' I'm not doubting that a X.X.X will run way more spl than my polks, but where am i even supposed to get one of those? and i'm not ordering from the internet.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 37
I think what people are trying to say is that YES it's not a bad deal for what it is. If the audio stores you are going to haven't heard of this stuff, then you either need to 1. Find a different audio store, or 2 give up and buy over the internet.
Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what we think about the deal you can get, it should only matter to you, and whether you think it's a deal or not.
One last thing, you need to look at your own post of August 20, at 7:33 p.m. "can you name a better one to run these subs at a lesser price" I think that's what we are trying to do.

Getajob
Unregistered guest
Jesse it sounds to me like you need to get a job to be honest. Noone here EVER said this was a cheap sport. If you want a good sound then you are going to pay for it. If you don't want to spend money on good equipment then go out and buy Legacy,Pyle or some other bullshit. Thats cheap. And one last thing is I don't know WTF the deal is with buying over the internet. Just about everyone here buys from the net. Give this a rest if you don't have the money for better stuff then keep what you got. gzz

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1262
Really, you buy Brahmas and X.X.X. subs straight from the manufacturer if you don't trust it, and I'm sure many people on this forum can tell you, including myself, that these distributors are very trustworthy. Some audio shops are carrying RE, but you'll have to email sales to find out if there are any close to you. My point was that you need to consider saving your money for quality over quantity, instead of a bunch of lesser subs that you'd eventually spend as much or more money on. The Kickers are a decent deal, but personally I wouldn't have them, even if it was a good deal, it's personal preference and I'd rather spend the money on better quality equipment. You'll be happier in the long run. With this deal you're getting the sub won't be warrantied, the Comps are Kickers low end sub and that amp isn't that reliable. The option I gave you was warrantied, much better equipment, and more capable of giving you what you want. The main reason the "pro audio stores" wouldn't hear of them because they're very brand loyal to what they carry, read reviews on the internet, you'll understand why we recommend these subs. I've been in your boat, and am just telling you I'd rather have fewer quality subs as opposed to a bunch of crappier ones, even if my goal was SPL. 9 times out of 10 people don't extract the full potential out of their subs for SPL, so why add others? You'll need less power and less space to get the same or better SPL, plus better SQ and reliability. I'm sure people here would agree with me on this one.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1264
What's your total budget for all this anyway? I may can put together something better that you can get w/o internet shopping, although I highly recommend it for the best prices.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 115
Koz- the thing is, your naming different amps, at a 'higher' price.

Getajob - i've already replyed to you... your an idiot

Jonathan - i respect your knowlege on the subject, but the question i had was.... WHERE can i order a brahma from?? yes... i know it's the manugactureer, but where is it? an address, website, catalog? where?

also - I already have a complete sound system, i have subs and an amp and box, and it's been hooked up for a long time now, i'm just searching the market for something better, and CHEAPER! not saying that i don't have any money, but saying that i don't want to spend a ton of money.

The only thing that i'm saying is that, I found a deal, and if i can find something better for LESS then i'll go for it, the fact is from what i hear, one X.x.x is more than the 2 kickers, box, and amp. and i don't have that kind of money to spend on 1 speaker. I'm not saying that i don't 'posses' that much money, as some might think... and it's not the fact that i need to SAVE more moeny, it's that i don't want to spend that much. I have it, but i don't want to spend it.

I can sell what i have in my trunk for about $400-600 probably. so i'm saying that my budget is somewhere in there. YES i would like to buy a Brahma, or X.x.x but where and how do i get one?(and that is budget 'total' for sub(s) box, and amp)

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 116
The only reason i would shy away from buying one, is that i don't know if it is what i want. as goes for anything bought over the internet. I've never heard of it, the people i talk to have never heard of it. I've never heard one play, for all i know, i'm just wasting my time and money. And if i sell my current setup to buy something i've never heard, and it turns out to be something that i don't want, than that sucks.

p.s Are the Brahma's and X.X.X's daily drivers, or solely comp subs? I'm looking for something that i can just drive around and bump to.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1268
Fantastic daily drivers. They hit hard, but have excellent sound quality. I promise you that the X.X.X. and Brahmas would sound 10x better than the Kickers or Polks. For a good review of the X.X.X., go here:
http://momentum.soundillusions.net/august02/spl.html
The fact that you haven't heard it gives you good reason to be wary and I know some people don't like going off a whim buying subs, but I guarantee you you'll like EVERYTHING about these subs a lot better than the Kickers or the Polks. You should go to some competitions, competitors use these subwoofers and you can get a good idea there. Image Dynamics ID Max subwoofers are also excellent and more widespread, you shouldn't have a problem finding one to listen to, also much better than the Kickers and Polks. Expect the SQ of the Brahmas and X.X.X.'s to be close to the same as the ID Max, with more SPL. Brahmas can be had here, the prices listed here are shipped, so that's the final price, nothing to add. http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahm a/
For Resonant Engineering, go to www.reaudio.com and email their sales dept. for info on where to buy and what you want. They'll also give you the price. What type of box and what size is it? You might be able to use it with a Brahma or X.X.X., or some other sub. Also, what kind of amp do you have and how much power does it have? I've told others on this forum, Tweeter stores and their subsidiaries are dropping Eclipse, so you can find Eclipse Aluminums and Titaniums for great prices right now. A 15" Aluminum or Titanium would be a great one sub solution, Aluminum is along your budget, and they're closing them out at between $200 and $300 bucks. Get the DVC model and a JBL 600.1 would push it very well.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4406
I use a pair of triple x RE 12" in the back of my car, and while technically it's a 'show car' I still use it as my primary driver when it's not nasty outside.
the RE subs are great for daily use.

Jon's right on the money.

Silver Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 128
thanks guys, i'll look into that, i still don't have a ton of money, but i'll save toward it, and make that the next purchase on my list!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4422
if you aren't after an SPL vehicle and just want some loud tight bass, look at RE's SE line of subs, too.
much cheaper, and still loud and clean. great subs, and just a step down from the ones mentioned above.

they also require less power. the triple X subs want 1000-1500wRMS each, and that's a hell of a lot of juice for subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us