SONY XPLOD CDX-L600X

Anonymous
Hi everybody. I know it is a stupid question, but how can i get my clock to be displayed on my main head unit screen at all times. It comes on when the stereo is turned off. I don't have the manual with me. It is a SONY XPLOD CDX-L600X.

Anonymous
how do i program the names of songs on a cd to be displayed when the song comes on?i have no manual god dam it.

Anonymous
to display the clock u go to menue and go over till u see dinf and change it to on.

Anonymous
where can i get a manual for my sony XPLOD CDX-600X?

Anonymous
how do i turn it on..........
i cant find it in the manual

brian
you turn it on by pressing source.....lol. How do you turn off the beeping sound when you turn your car off. I does it if you dont detach the faceplate but is there a way to disable this?

Rico
The names of the songs on a cd won't be displayed unless they are text encoded. The cd player will only show names of songs on cds that have that feature or you can use cds that were burned with mp3 stuff on them and that will also be read and displayed on the face when that cd is playing. I have only found one store-bought cd that is text encoded and that was System of a Down - Toxicity. I don't know where you can find a manual. I thought that if you turned the "Beep" off by using the menu, it would turn off all the beeping, even when you shut your car off.

The Ramones Tribute album is also CD-Text Compatible. The operating program you use for your CD-R/RW drive like Nero or NTI usually have the feature of CD-Text included on them, I personally prefer NTI, it seems to work with fewer problems. It could be a lengthy process as you might have to type in the name and artist of each song you place onto a CD. It is however incredibly satisfying to see the finished product in action. Although I am not an expert with this stereo yet, I have played with many of it's features and might be able to help with any questions.

Anonymous
WHERE CAN I GET A MANUAL?

Anonymous
SO GUYS IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE IT WOULD YOU BUY IT OR WOULD YOU GET A DIFFERENT ONE. JUST WONDERING

Anonymous
I purchased 2 12 inch sony Xplods and an amp. the amp is Sony XM-D400P5 200W x 1 Mono Subwoofer Amp. and the subs are Sony XS-L121P5 12" Component Subwoofer. Will that amp give power to both subs or did i buy the wrong amp?

Everything works perfectly fine...EXCEPT for the sound of the cd. It tracks the time for it but there is no sound for the cd. The sound works for the radio though. Can anyone help?

Anonymous
hey nate....I have the exact same problem. It plays the radio fine but on Cd's the sound comes on, if I try to adjust it...it's gone?? Have you fixed yours yet or have any ideas?

Can someone send me a website with the Sony Xplod CDX-L600X manual on it, so i can find out how to work it to its full potential. Thankx

Aaron
Anybody know how to set the radio station presets? I could set them with my remote, but I lost it. Any way to do it by hand?

Tom Magdaleno
I hate my sony deck. Its as if they purposly designed their deck so that whenever you hit a bump you hit the wrong button. A 5-year-old would have had more foresight to button layout than the sony designers. I'm trying to turn of that obnoxious beeping too. I guess I'll just keep hitting buttons until i find the menu and beeping on/off.

do you like boys i do

need instructions on how to put in the name of cd's in the head unit. can anyone help. i have a sony explod cdx-ca650x.

SONY SUCKS
here is an idea, dont buy anything sony for your can, they just suck, everything, the subs, decks, amps, speakers, THEY ALL SUCK!!!! Get alpine, and quit playing around w/sony crap!

Anonymous
can any1 tell me where I can get instructions to fit the actual unit, is it difficult

K Kelly
Umm my cdx-l600x faceplate was stolen a few weeks ago. Do you guys have any idea where I can get a cheap new one?

I NEED A MANUAL FOR A SONY XPLOD CDX-L600X PLEASE I LOST MINE WHEN I MOVED

I NEED A MANUAL FOR A SONY XPLOD CDX-L600X I LOST MINE WHEN I MOVED

Anonymous
NEED WIREING SYS ALSO MANUAL

Anonymous
NEED WIREING SYS ALSO MANUAL

Anonymous
hi i just got an amp and sub now my radio works but it wont play cds heack it wont even eject them it sat load then reset then shuts off what should i do plz help

Here is a problem that maybe can be fixed with some expert help. When I put my cd in it just gives me the lines like its getting ready to play then an error message displays. I have tried using all different sorts of CDs -no luck. It worked fine for several months then just plain quit only that infuriating error message. Radio works find everything else is perfect. Please help! Much appreciated - John

Anonymous
hey please l need someone to tell me how l can get a sony explod XR CA620OX to recorgnise a sony walkman thru a line in jack. it doesnt even recorgnise the player. l can afford a cd changer now an will hate to skip cd sounds

you guys are a bunch of smucks you can turn the beep off when you go to the menu and push up 3 times and it will say beep and put it on off, Does any body know what RM is i do not hav a manu.

C.J.
Did anybody ever answer Brian's Question?

How do you turn off the beeping sound when you turn your car off. It does it if you dont detach the faceplate, but is there a way to disable this?

I know how to turn the Beep off that you get when your just pushing various buttons, But I really want to figure out how to disable the faceplate reminder beep.

hey so ya did any one ever get that manual cuz i just got a sony xplod 50wx4 cdx-l600x and i noticed you guys were looking for a manual for it well if someone could get on kazaa they might be able to find one and if you could post it for the group it would be awesome. so please email me @ incindio@aol.com .........thanks........brian

My kids misplaced my husband's sony cdx L600x faceplate. He has to drive a crappy car 45 miles to work every morning and now he doesn't even have music. WHERE CAN I FIND A FACEPLATE? Looked everywhere and have not found the secret faceplate fairyland.

Anonymous
I have the Sony Xplod CDX-L600X Head unit, 2 3.2 Clif Design Speakers for front 70 watts each,Power base speakers rears and sides in front 120 watts a piece. JL Audio 12's...and 300 Watt JL Amp.. The problem is that i'm having is that everytime i turn it loud to loud the head unit shuts off and comes back on but i have to lower the volume or it will shut right back off. Can anyone help me here.

Regarding the head-unit powering off each time u turn it up LOUD:

It may be a loose connection. It could be something to do with that because everytime it gets a thump/vibration (from big bass) then it will jiggle this loose connection and consequently turn it off.

So i suggest checking the power connections, and then failing that ask a pro to look at it.

Let me know how it goes ok?
Bye.

PS: Regarding the request of manuals, i don't know sorry. And regarding a store selling face plates as an individual item, i am not sure but i would suggest contacting a Sony outlet store, and getting a phone number to ring the people in charge of headunits and they will be able to advise you whether this is possible and if so, where to get one from.

Hope this helps. bye.

Anonymous
If you need a manual for your cd player. Go to the SONY website (www.sony.com). Select service and support, car audio, manuals.

rofl

Anonymous
Does the Sony L600x have sub volume control or not? I am wondering because I found a pretty good deal, but I don't want it if it doesn't have this feature. Could someone please let me know.
Thanks

Regarding the owners manuals go to website listed below and then scroll down and click on (View the product manual [Download: PDF, 582KB])

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000646PN
and then

i own 4 sony explod 12" subs mounted in the back of mi ranault clio 1.8 16v turbo petrol with 5 alpine type s subs 3 mounted under the back seats and 2 under the front and it gies out some right thump and when mi girlfriend drives it she is cuming in no time she goes ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh! but its too fast for her when i open it up she s-h-i-t-s bricks

jack woodhead
hi i happen to own a shady fiesta 1.0 litre its very slow and s-h-a-g-g-e-d its blue wi lots of rust under the arches but i do manage to have the loudest system in caribbean they are coconut cones wi pink and yellow on them its front wheel drive and spins quite well on da beech

Anonymous

If you need a manual for your cd player. Go to the SONY website (www.sony.com). Select electronics, service and support, car audio, manuals.

Username: Speedysi315

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony Xplod CDX-L600 and my ATT keeps turning on and off by itself and its not the face b/c i have two of them and still the problem occurs.

Unregistered guest
Hello i just baught 2 brand new sony xs-l1290P5 subs and i have 2 sony xplod xm-d1000P5 amps. It says the sub will run 500 watts rms for each sub and amp but whenever i turn it up the sub will souind like it is rattling and it will only sound normal when it is toned down. Dose anyone know why the subs make this rattle or how i can fix it? Thank You

Unregistered guest
i need a face plate for the cdx-l600x model...can someone tell me where to buy a cheap one? i would appreciate it...email me at rdesan@hotmail.com... thank you...

Anonymous

all you dudes looking for faceplates , go to EBAY.
Like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085953906&category=39763

Unregistered guest
urrrrrrgent I reaaally need a cheap cheap sony cdx-l600x plate face thaxxxx i realy needed

Unregistered guest
I have two 10" 1100 watt sony xplod subwoofers, and a 600watt amp and i was wondering how big of an amp can i go with for my subwoofer? without hurting them?

Username: Zen936

BruneiBrunei Darus...

Post Number: 10
Is that 1100 max watts? For decent subs, expect to get at most 400-500 watts rms for those things. In the case of Sony, expect 300 watts rms.

Unregistered guest
Anonymous, you could be over heating the head unit. If the display stays on and the music stops then I can only assume that that is what is happening if your trying to push 2 3.2 Clif Design Speakers for front 70 watts each,Power base speakers rears and sides in front 120 watts a piece. The JL Audio 12's are probably underpowered by the 300 Watt JL Amp. I would recomend a small 4-channel amp for the interior speakers that aren't hooked up to the 300w amp. you're putting too much stress on the head unit's internal amp. It is only a 4x52w unit.

Unregistered guest
I need a cdx l410x face plate only, if any one can get me one it'd be appreciated. Cant spend too much though. celestencel@yahoo.com

jose1225
Unregistered guest
hey everyone i have a cdx-lx600, a pioneer 240 watt, and a power supply. What can i do so my stereo wont shut off. Everytime i turn the volume up the stereo turns off and turnss back up again. I have it connected to a power supply because i wanted to make my house pound. I have two kicker solo-barics 10'.

Anonymous

my SONY XPLOD CDX-L600X isn't working. the radio works fine, but cd's cannot be played. it makes the sound of trying to read it...then pops up an error message. does it need to be cleaned? is it dead for good? (it's not just cd-r's, normal cd's also)

JeffS
Unregistered guest
OK. By scrolling down this page, I see I'm not the only one having CDX-L600X problems. My wife bought this head unit about a year ago, (for her car) and suddenly, it has spawned some strange issues. Sometimes, mid-drive, the speakers, all of them, including the amp & sub will cut out. The display still functions the same, just no sound. If you open the door when this occurs, the sound comes back and all is well. Shut the door - it cuts out again. Sometime weeks wil go by with no problems. I have checked all possible connections and wiring. No faults. Any ideas? I have wired many car and home audio systems, and never run into anything like this.

JeffS
Unregistered guest
I forgot to mention - Sony CDX-L600X head unit, stock door and rear speakers and a 200w Pioneer amp and 10" Pioneer sub in a '98 Civic. When I installed the headunit, I had to patch through the factor head unit. Honda puts their keyless entry receiver in the factory headunit assembly. So the factory head is behind the dash panel, powered, but not connected to any other input or output.

Anonymous

are all sony harnesses going to be the same for the back of the HU?

Anonymous

Looking for an owners manual just click on the link below and enter your model number.
http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp

Username: Porcshe996

I have found that on the sony site @
http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp
this website you just input your device and they will show a result that you can download

Anonymous

anyone know where is the manual for cdx-l470

Thanks!

www.maxi2000.8m.com

Unregistered guest
2 questions, I have the:
Sony 52-Watt XM Radio-Ready CD Receiver
Brand/Model: SON CDXF5500
When the Radio is off, how do I make it so it doesnt advertise all that "SONY - MP3 PLAYER" etc, etc. I just want the Clock.

Also, how do I turn off the beeping sound when i am programming my settings on the audio, or also changing the volume on the remote.

One more actually. How do I adjust the bass on it. It has no option. Is it just the "low" speaker setting that has to be high???

Manny
Unregistered guest
2 questions, I have the:
Sony 52-Watt XM Radio-Ready CD Receiver
Brand/Model: SON CDXF5500
When the Radio is off, how do I make it so it doesnt advertise all that "SONY - MP3 PLAYER" etc, etc. I just want the Clock.

Also, how do I turn off the beeping sound when i am programming my settings on the audio, or also changing the volume on the remote.

One more actually. How do I adjust the bass on it. It has no option. Is it just the "low" speaker setting that has to be high???

Please email me at MannyMusic1@yahoo.com

Username: G6b9t

Post Number: 2
i installed my head unit and a couple of days later it began turning off by its self. the screen would flash ATT ON and then i would have to flip through the mode button till the speakers cracked and the station came back on. this happens about every other day and only when the radion is on, not the cd player. please help and give me any suggestions i really like this unit and would rather not get rid of it if i didnt have 2 PLEASE HELP

JTR, TJ
Unregistered guest
lol... its TJ, rofl

Username: G6b9t

Post Number: 3
whats funny about that

Unregistered guest
HI,

Please suggest which mp3 player should i buy for my xing xp....

i m planning to go for Sony X plod 3000----please help-----

and please suggest which speakers

pls mail me at gaurav.ahuja@ge.com
or
gaurav_mba007@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as TJ. When I am listening a radio station the sound suddenly goes off and the screen shows ATT ON. This doesn't happen when I am listening a CD. I tried several things and nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
CDX-CA650X
Okay here is my problem, when I insert a cd and try to play it - it plays with no problem BUT there is no sound?!? I switch to the radio and I have sound, sometimes the cd player gives me sound but when I try to adjust the volume the sound just magically dissapeares. Can anyone help me with this sony crap please? xdamiancx@gmail.com

NoSonyPlease
Unregistered guest
To Everyone with Problems with Sony.....ITS SONY!!!! You DONT buy Sony car audio!! I mean their "eXplodes" are terrible, and only newbies buy them thinking "Oh i have a 1200 watt sub oh oh!" When in reality, they can only handle like 200 watts! SONY SUCKS!

hellboy
Unregistered guest
can somebody tell me why my sony explode CDXS2000 shuts off when I put the volume loud?
Please Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

oi sony is ok but fukit off u got get sum fusion in u ride it pumps out way betta then sony so just leave it aye

kerpin 585
Unregistered guest
how did i set the time????

Username: Spaz02

WellingtonNew Zealand

Hey, I have a Sony CD Head Unit(CDX-C6800X) and when I got it and tested it, it worked fine, but that was like 3 months ago, and now I hooked it up and it plays but none of the speakers work? The speakers are fine, so what could be the problem?

Username: Spaz02

WellingtonNew Zealand

Post Number: 2
Hey, I have a Sony CD Head Unit(CDX-C6800X) and when I got it and tested it, it worked fine, but that was like 3 months ago, and now I hooked it up and it plays but none of the speakers work? The speakers are fine, so what could be the problem?

Unregistered guest
Need the faceplate for this CDX-L600X pooch! Anyone know where besides the makers website,<cana guy find one?? I know its a bad radio but its for a friends kid,.he likes it...Thanks all!! Rick in Nebraska
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us