Choose 1 speaker brand among four I have in mind

Username: Aperez

Post Number: 1
Hello guys,
I have the least amount of knowledge when it comes to car audio systems, and that is why I have to ask you the following 3 questions. I would GREATLY appreciate any answers.

1) I just want to replace the speakers with better ones as I don't want to drill holes in the door panel for tweeters. Does that mean that I have to buy coaxial speakers, instead of component speakers?

2) Assume that the price for the following 4 brands are the same . What brand would you choose?
MB Quart, Polk Audio, Alpine, JBL

3) Do you prefer Poly-Mica Cones over Polypropylene? or this is not a big deal ?

Cheers & Thanks in advance for assistance.

Bronze Member
Username: Minuiano

Post Number: 17
Can you list specific model, all these brand are reliable but defends of model maybe sound different

If you have separete tweeter buy component speaker with crossover or build crossover by yourself

Username: Danmathew

United States

Post Number: 3
Polk Audio, Alpine, JBL those are honestly liked by me. But i mostly like the alpine. You can give it a try

Polypropylene from my end

Username: Jonitoni

JBL, Pioneer, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, those are the most popular brands and trusty their products. You can give it a try Here is the deal:

If you need speaker recommends you can have a look at best 6x9 speakers

Username: Mikki

The same review site like soundrating and others.

Username: Cowolter

London, Not Listed Велико...

Each of the brands you listed have their plus and minus. Sometimes it boils down to personal taste. I would say that you narrowed it down to coaxial/triaxial door speakers, now do some research on what model each brand has that is the right size and possibly listen in a local audio shop if possible.
I just purchased the JBL GTO638 3-Way Speakers it is nuts. I cant imagine anything better then it.

Username: Arthurmdarby

My best choice is Rockford Fosgate.

Username: Masoud12

TehranIran

i think this brand have all options:
Kenwood KFC-6994PS

Username: Nathan_bush

New York, NY United States

You should ask yourself like which speakers you are looking for? What exactly you want from them? What size speakers do you like? There are a few speaker sizes I know about:

6.5" speakers
6x9 speakers
6x8 speakers

If you are here looking to compare various brands then I would definitely go with Pioneer, JBL and Polk Audio. These brands produces some of the best speakers in the market.

Username: Organic2020

Post Number: 2
You've listed the top most popular brands here. JBL, Alphin are very popular and good brand. But today I want to tell you about a brand that may not be popular, but the quality of the product of this brand is absolutely fantastic.

Actually A few days ago I bought an speakers from Cerwin Vega Mobile. The product really caught my attention. All features were reasonably priced. And I also noticed that all the products on this site are quite reasonable and have good features. I hope the site will help in your product selection. Below I gave the link, you can visit if you want. Thank you!!

Username: Ianik777

Post Number: 2
and what about hertz? note that i want a crowd pleasing performance but with high sound quality. seems that pioneer hurt the ear at high volume. any views?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us