2/1 sony explod 1000 watt amp

Username: Kblee1717

Post Number: 1
I have a 1000 watt 2/1 sony explode amp with two 4 ohm svc kenwoods. For some reason when i plug in both rca cables to my input on my amp it goes into protect mode but it will play just fine with one rca jack plugged in. Also, i can get it to play with two rca jacks but as soon as i disrupt the power some how, rather it would be turn the ignition off and on or turning the stock radio off and on it goes straight to protect mode after that. Can someone please help me out with this??

Post Number: 2
And another thing. I have it all hooked up to my stock bose HU in my 05 nissan altima. Could it be because my HU is a stock bose HU?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 912
Have you tried to use a different amp for maybe someone else, just to be sure the amp is okay? Also how do you have them wired? Like this to get a 2ohm load at the amp? That amp will do 200 watts x 2 RMS at 2 ohms

Upload

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 913
Also go here, http://www.altimaforums.net/amp-install-05-t1314.html?s=d0c0ed4a92cf84b2a9503582 f8dbe405&

Post Number: 3
how do you pull 2 ohms out of your amp? Do you just hook both speakers up to one channel of the amp or do you bridge the amp? And i already have a LOC but do you gotta ground it for it to work right?

Post Number: 4
And if you do got to ground the IEC AULOC wheres the best place to ground it at? Do i gotta do it behind the HU or can i do it in the trunk cause i really dont feel like yanking the HU out again.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1591
You should post the model of the amp.

Post Number: 5
The amp is a 2/1 sony explod XM-1652z 1000 watts

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 914
Connect IEC AULOC gray wire (+) and gray/black wire (-) to the right speaker output of the source unit. Connect IEC AULOC white wire (+) and white/black wire (-) to the left speaker output of the source unit. If there is only one stereo negative, connect both IEC AULOC negative wires to it. The RCA jacks are the output for the IEC AULOC. Adjust control pots for the desired output. The brown wires are not usually used. The brown ground wires are to be used only if no sound is audible on both channels. Attach the brown wires to the source unit's ground.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1594
Your amplifier is not stable at 2 ohm bridged.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 921
Do you ever get that problem rectified?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us