1 set of rcas to power components and sub

Username: Orangenut

ChristchurchNew zealand

Post Number: 6
Am i able to do this? my HU only has 1 set of rca preouts for a mono amp, but with Y splitters i know you can connect a 4 channel amp to power 4 speakers but can you do it to power 2 components and a sub?

i dont want to buy a new HU and im curious to know if i would be able to connect the sub and components to the amp like this and could i also still connect some rear speakers and power them through the HU for some rear fill?

if you can how will it work with the HU control, if i fade it to the rear will it turn up the rear ones or the sub? will the HU realise that the amp is powering components and a sub?

someone help me

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1312
You can use splitters just source a stereo signal and setup the amp to bridge 2 channel and you have 2 free channels for comps, if you want to have all the signals that a head unit with 3 RCA set would give, including sub independent volume control and fader check this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion-EQS746.html

ChristchurchNew zealand

Post Number: 7
sorry im still a little confused, im still not sure how the head unit controls would work with the splitters? im trying not to get a new headunit as i dont want to spend to much money

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
You cant have fader without the EQ I suggested unless you have some speakers driven directly with the head unit and the sub would also lower output if you fader front. So it's not like a full featured HU but you can have the sub some and some extra speakers working off a single pair of RCA outputs

If you choose to get the EQ then is exactly as a HU with 3 pre outs but you control everything at the EQ.

ChristchurchNew zealand

Post Number: 9
ive just decided to get a new Headunit, thanks for your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1324
Ok if you care about sound quality better choose something from Pioneer or Alpine.

Bronze Member

ChristchurchNew zealand

Post Number: 11
yea i was thinking about the pioneer DEH-P7400HD

Gold Member

Post Number: 1330
That would be a nice HU!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina