Popping sound

Bronze Member
Username: Shadowm891

Post Number: 40
alright here the deal i install a custom subwoofer box in my car yesterday and and after hooking it all up my sub's will not play and my front door speaker and tweeters will not play ether only speakers that work are my speakers in the back which are hook up to my cd player only. so i look around the back check my wire to see if maybe a wire came lose and everything seem fine and i check both my amp's and they both show power as well. well after i got up today i went out to my car to do some more troubleshooting and right as i turn my cd player on my back speakers made a popping sound and each time i change from cd player to usb flash drive or radio it will make the popping sound again.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1227
Sand the ground to chassis connection of your amp in the back and the grounding of your HU and recheck your RCAs (better get new ones). Also you need to check the voltage on the amp's power input to be 13-14V when the car is on. To do those tests you will need a $10 multimeter found at Walmart.. best investment ever for car audio installation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
i already found the problem and fix it my main ground wire was bad so i had to replace it but thanks for your help,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
Glad you nailed it, it's almost always grouding those symptoms..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
what made me look was i was getting a reading of 6.8v coming out each amp and i was getting a reading of 14.2v up front under the hood so i knew it was either a bad power wire or a bad ground.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
Good thing you can use a multimeter.. almost no one does..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well i had to ask some people where i work how to use one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us