Jensen vm9511ts problem

Username: Kappatundra

Post Number: 1
I hooked up the head unit with a bazooka self powered bass tube and I am only able to get it to respond when the source is on radio mode. I tried using the sd option, cd, and dvd but the audio will not come out of the bazooka. I have also tried using the front rca's, rear rca's, center rca, and subwoower rca. but the only way the bazooka bumps is with the radio. What can be the cause of this?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 882
Ok, you might have connected the remote-turn on of the bazooka to the ANT.CONT cable instead of the P.CONT cable.

Post Number: 3
I checked the way I hooked it up and it seems I did use the blue and white cable, the factory wiring diagram indicates it should be the P.CONT cable as you mention. Tomorrow I will try connecting the solid blue ANT.CONT to see if it will fix the problem. Great suggestion, I will let you know of my results.

Post Number: 4
I tried to connect both and still not getting response from bass tube only when it is on radio source. What else could I do to test it out? or fix the problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 929
Well if it does the same with either cable then something is not right with the HU you can try to do a full reset or power down to see if it behaves after that.

You Also can connect the turn-on of the bazooka to the switched power (red cable of the power input of your HU, that will make the bazooka to stay on only while your car is on.

Post Number: 5
How would i do a full reset on this head unit? or power down?

On the second recommendation: The bazooka does stay on with the way i hooked it up originally, it is just that the bass does not respond but the led shows it is on. and the door speakers do work. I also noticed that the volume level when only the door speakers are working is really low. I can go to the highest volume level (40) and it sounds like if it were at a (5) compared to when it is in tuner with the bazooka working.

Silver Member

Post Number: 940
There is a small button on the bottom right corner, you press it with a pen tip, remove any disk you may have prior to resetting.

Ok so it does sound but very low, that's different, most likely you have a settings issue. Some head units have source dependant audio settings configuration get your manual here:

VM9511TS Manual

Take a look at page 26, also it seems that you have a mono subwoofer output (the blue RCA) if the bazooka has a stereo input just use a Y adapter. On the bazooka you can also increase the input gain a bit.

Post Number: 6
Thank You very much for all of your assistance. Your knowledge advice resulted in a lot of enjoyment from my headunit. The reset ultimately fixed my problem. Thanks a million and kuddos to you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
Glad your issue was resolved. Best of luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us