Need help with amp

Username: Junebug713

Post Number: 5
I have a power acoustik gothik series OV1-5500D. Problem is I have a blown resistor by the rca inputs I want to repair it but I cant see the color bands on it. Does anybody know what kind of resistor it is or how can I find out? The amp works but its giving half or less the power its suppose to. Please help me fix it cause I like this amp

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 825
Hi Junebug you need schematics for that amp, take a look at the PCB near the resistor there should be a tag like R20 look that up on the schematics for the proper resistance value.

But usually is not a good idea to disassemble yourself the amp (for various reasons) to start there may be other components affected better have it done for you.

Username: Junebug713

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the advice, how can I get the schematics for that amp. Im a diy guy so im gonna just do it myself. The pcb looks good and all the other componets look good too except for the one resistor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
Well can also go by the name of "Service Manual" from that brand I imagine will be hard to find, you can also post on DIYMA maybe someone is familiar with it. Rarely you will get a short answer from some companies.

Username: S_too_k

Post Number: 1
Alrite, I have a single alpine type r 12" the older one with the round foam, and a mrv-1507. What's the best way to run this setup?? I have a eclipse 32430 too . Which one is the best for this sub??

Post Number: 2
34230 maybe?? One of them two

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
Is the sub a dual 4 or dual 2 ohm coils?

Post Number: 3
Not sure I got it off Craigslist. It's the old one with round foam. Any
way I can figure that out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1637
It should say somewhere or if not with a $10-$15 digital multimeter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us