I'm bitter

Bronze Member
Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 37
Called the amp repairman today, he said that my amp is totally fried. Water damage to the mother board and that it wont be able to take any level of wattage...funny because he said he had it running for over a half an hour before he gave it to me last time, which about 30 seconds after I turned on my system it blew up...b@stard, I feel ripped off, prolly did get ripped, he said he was going to give me my money back from the first transaction, $115...so i'm in the market for a new amp...finally decided on the subs I want.
Getting 2 jl w3v3's in a ported box built to specs. gonna see how much for it to be tuned down to 30hz. So I'm looking around and i found this JBL GTO14001....how is this amp? should I just stick to rockford fosgate, I have my eyes on either a T1000-1 or a T1500-1 which will definitely get the job done....I've always been told its better to slightly over power the subs than to under power....If I get the t1000 I can wire the subs down to 1 ohm, and if I get the t1500 I can wire em down to 2 ohms....just kinda bitter at the repair dude, shady stuff. thanks for always being here guys, this place is like heaven for car audio fanatics, and Joe S I even thought of you today after I got the news, like well I guess if all else fails I can get an audioque 1200 for the time being haha

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 261
The JBL GTO14001 is a class AB amp so it will go harder on your electrical system also is only 2 ohm stable, the T1500-1 is too much money to spend for power you will never use.

the AQ1200d and the T1000-1 would be good choices.

You could also take a look at the RF R1200-1D.

Joe S, he may be in some kind of hard install now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
cool, thanks man...yeah I think thats what i'm going to get, the t-1000, just I have it in my head that bigger is better!!! you know, plus if I ever want to upgrade my subs I won't need a different amp. I'm either going to score a t1000 for $200 and I might possibly get a t1500 for $300

And yea I haven't seen Joe S on here for a minute

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 262
If you can get the T1500-1 for cheap then go for it! Just take care not to blow the subs, that thing can deliver 1700 easy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
yea, if I do get one of those I will definitely wire it down to 2 ohms so its not destroying those subs

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1337
The JBL GTO14001 may not be CEA-2006 Compliant, but don't be fooled. JBL makes very high end Amplifiers that produce close to rated power, give or take some. If you can grab one of these Amplifiers for cheap, then I would say go for it. Just make sure that you purchase the SVC 4 Ohm versions of the JL Audio 12W3v3 to create a 2 Ohm Load.

The Rockford Fosgate T1000 and Rockford Fosgate T1500 yet again, are great choices to look into as well. However, with these two amplifiers, make sure you purchase the SVC 2 Ohm versions, to create a 1 Ohm Load.

Overall, all 3 amplifiers are great, but very expensive. If you want my opinion, I say go for the Audioque AQ1200D, Kicker ZX1000.1 or the Sundown Audio SAX-1200D. All three are cheaper, and will still get the job done. Just make sure to purchase the correct VC version of the JL Audio 12W3v3 depending on the Amplifier you purchase.

As far as my absence goes, I have been neck high is engine repairs in my 300zx, so I haven't been around my PC a lot lately.

Silver Member
Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 113
I have 3 new in the box T1500-1 im selling for $215 shipped . Paypal verified . email me partsman07@gmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1342
What year of the T1500-1 do you have EAVE?

And $215 Brand new? Sounds too good to be true...

Silver Member
Username: Techme

MIAMI, FL USA

Post Number: 114
2011 they go for $400 selling them half price . They are cheap because i bought a few of these amps and kicker l7,s 6 pairs .I bought everything super cheap . Everything is new i got a very special deal lol want pictures email me .

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 94
what do you think about the ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1500 BEING PUT TO 4 OHMS WOULD THAT BE EASIER ON THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OR WILL I STILL NEED A CAP AND THE BIG 3 IM HOOKING THEM UP TO 2 13W6V2D4 MY OTHER OPTION IS THE JBL GTO1400 OR THE JL HD1200

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
why are you not running them @1ohm? you should do big3 immediately with some 0g OFC and get a better battery, a deka group 31 or at the least a yellow top, I actually have an optima yellow top I would sell you for $120 shipped if you're interested, but you would still need to do big3....those 13w6s will slam with the power you can give them with that rockford, don't let a good amp goto waste...lol!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14636
or better yet, a larger, high output alternator. wiring isn't of much use if there's no power supply capable of feeding the amplifier enough current for teh wiring to make a difference, and the battery is only useful if the engine is turned off, or the alternator is completely overtaxed, which is bad news to begin with.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 96
i dont want to blow the subs up at @1ohm all i know is the sub says 4 ohms on it and i dont know what else i can run them at 1 ohm that amp pushes like 1700 watt i only plan on doing the big 3 and get a 10 farrad compasitor to start off i cant find any body to do my HO ALTERNATOR AND I DONT want to mess up my car the new cadillacs are funny to work with but my choice is the Rockford Fosgate because i have not seen any reviews on the JLHD1200 what do you think about that amp i want to get it but it doesnt look to intimediating to me to be able to slam thoughs subs they dont sell the 1000/1v2 anymore i found it on woofersetc but i dont know if want to buy from there let me know what you think

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14642
As I've mention several times already, a "CAPACITOR" (not compasiter) doesn't do ANYTHING to help the electrical system of the car. All a cap will do, is mask the symptoms of your problem, while still damaging the car (alternator and amplifiers)

If yoou don't understand basic electricity principles, you really shouldn't be messing with car audio anyway. Just pay a shop to pick out your gear and install it for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us