SONY-CDX-C580- HOW TO CHANGE THE INPUT TO AUX

Username: Kassildhar

Post Number: 1
Hi
I am trying to figure out how to change my input, so my HU plays my aux that is from the back of the deck. I connected the right cables (RCA (audio) to 3.5mm) cabel from my aux in at the back to my IPOD.

I saw a ealier post regarding this same problem but couldnt find how they changed the input in their HU.

Can someone help me.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 214
You have to fool your Sony HU to accept external inputs, take a look at the Sony XA-C30. There are cheaper alternatives so look into it.

Post Number: 3
Is that the only way the sony HU will accept the external inputs, to buy something like a SONY XA-C30...

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Yes, sorry.

Alternative solutions exist like adding an equalizer with auxiliary inputs, or plain and simple moving to a new deck that lets you even change songs directly form the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1317
Im sorry Joe Durkham, but once again you are incorrect....

There are 3 differen't ways you can get your iPod to play on your Sony ES CDXC580.

The first way you can get your iPod to work is by purchasing a Sony XA-300. This allows you to connect your iPod, and really any other accessory that you can think of to your Deck.

The second way would be to purchase a PAC Sony Unilink Adapter. This will enable you to only connect your iPod or MP3 Player.

The third way you can get your iPod to work is by purchasing a 3.5mm Male to 2 RCA Left & Right Audio Female Adapter or a 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Cable. After making this connection to the back of the Deck, all you would need to do is press Source until AUX is enabled.

Also, one more thing, but the Sony XA-C30 is NOT compatable with this Sony Deck. Do not purchase it unless you like wasting money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Joe S relax a little please, the XA-C30 is listed on the HUs manual under optional equipment, the second suggestion falls under the "something like". As for the third method Kassildhar already tried to connect the 3.5 to RCA, so let him know what is he doing wrong if you are sure that this can be done.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1319
Sorry, im just having a bad day.

Yes, it is suggested that the Sony XA-C30 would work, however there are multiple threads all over the net where people bought one, and would not work. People started calling the Sony Support line, and eventually Sony started telling people to purchase the Sony XA-300, which has been tested and works.

IMO, I think it's just time to purchase a new Deck with updated and improved features.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
I thought that Sony was just entry level.

Kassildhar its the Sony XA-300 that you should get.

Post Number: 4
hey joe.d and Joe.s
Thanks for all your suggestions, but see the thing is i did try the RCA to 3.5mm only problem is i cant get any aux on my HU when i press source.. should i reset the entire HU then maybe it will work. I only get the radio and the CD no AUX after the connection.

And really if i need to buy any other things for it i think i might just get a new HU... but i thought since i have the facility on my current deck why not..

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Resetting won't help, you need to buy that thing unfortunately. Well maybe a used one will be cheap enough to be worth buying.

It will be much better if you get something new NOT Sony.New HUs have so much better features and sound quality, just tell us what is your budget.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1324
There is a way to get the AUX to work. I would suggest looking into the User Manual and see if there is a specific way to use the Source button.

Post Number: 5
Ok for sure I will definitley give it a shot, no hurt in trying and play around with it.

See the problem is, i still need to buy an amp for my 12" JBL sub that i have, and i am still trying to figure out what is a good amp for that, any ideas...

what would you suggest a good budget for a HU and what should i look for mainly....
The most of the HU i looked at have an average of 200 W and most of them now have a front aux in already, i mean there are the bell and whistles, but is there any other else in detail i should look for...

When i look at all this the budget tends peak a little...

Thanks once again for your advice guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
For HU a key feature is USB, Here is a budget HU:

Pioneer-DEH-4300UB:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_31084_Pioneer-DEH-4300UB.html

For an amp Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R500-1:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17368_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R500-1.html

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1326
Yes kassildhar, there are a few key things to look for when purchasing a new Deck. Here are a few Keys things to look for:

1. Is it CEA-2006 Compliant?
2. Does it have more than 2.0 Preamp Volts?
3. is the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) higher than 90 db?
4. Does it have at least one RCA Preamp Outputs?

If you can answer yes to those four questions, then you have found a good Deck. Of course there are other options to look into, but these are the Basic things that you should always start with.

As far as you 12" JBL Subwoofer, do you know what Model it is?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us