Which are better 3 1/2

Silver Member
Username: Dloco486

Post Number: 169
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-3032cf-Performance-Loudspeaker/dp/B002CMYVLI

or

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-A878-Inch-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B00009QOTA

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14421
why do you need a 3.5" speaker? you'd really be better off just putting some decent 6.5" or 6.75" 2-ways in your doors. Factory speaker locations aren't always that great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
cuz i dont know how to do that when there aint a space to do that. thats wuts in my wifes car 3.5 and 6x9 in mine is 3.5, 6.5, 6x9 shallow mounts. so i was lookin for both cars.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1187
I have personally owned both Speakers. The Pioneer is going to offer better quality off of the Decks power.

However, like Glasswolf stated, 3-1/2" Speakers arn't going to offer much performance. The only reason to have them would be for Vocals. The main thing Glasswolf is trying to suggest, is to modify the original mounting location to fir a larger sized Speaker.

Where is the location of the 3-1/2" Speakers in your vehicle?

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14427
or if the car is a lease, just look for or have made, some kickpods to hold larger speakers in the corners of the foot wells.
This is the best location for speakers anyway, IMHO.

3.5" locations are usually best for tweeters, but not really full range. The only reason aftermarket supports this size is for direct OE replacement and not for any gain in performance.. that's all I wanted to point out. The speaker is too small to do any good for frequencies below about 500-800Hz at best. Even for vocals you'd be losing an octave of three of lower range.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
3.5 are in dash of both vehicles. mine has 3.5 in dash 6.5 front doors 6x9 rear panels but i put 6.5's in cuz my original 6x9 wouldnt fit mounting deph and magnet size being reason. i was going to go ahead and replace them cuz i plan on getting an ap later on for my front doors and rear panels and only run those off hu. in my wifes car the 3.5 are in the dash 6x9's mounted in trunk panel no other speakers in her car. but i'm not planning anything to do with her car other than give her good sq she dont turn her radio up real loud or anything she just has a blown speaker in her dash and i have one thats fixin too.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14432
ok for yours, consider a 6.5" pair of separates. 6.5" midrange in door, tweeter in the 3.5" location. For the wife, sure, just grab the Pioneers as an OE replacement.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14433
meant to say, I did a similar thing with an old Jeep I had.

below are:

1. front door midrange driver

2. the tweeter with the OE grille removed

3. back door with coax

4. dash with alpine head unit and EQ.

Platinum Member

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14434
Upload

Upload

Upload