How do i hook my playstation 2 up in my car?

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through August 23, 2004lost???100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

juice31
Unregistered guest
i see that a lot of people here are pretty knowledgable on this subject, so i'll ask my question. i've got an xbox and a 27 inch tv that i want to power from my pickup. planning on having a halo tailgate party. what do you guys recommend?

DiscoPymp
Unregistered guest
What is a playstation?

Anonymous

I'm getting two 7 inch LCD Screens for my car on my headrests. I'm gonna also put my ps2 in the there also. Can anyone tell my exactly what it is I need to do this. From every wire and how many watts it has. I would appreciate it. and also directions on how to hook it up.. Thanks. tk

dsgdfhgdfshsfdhfds
Unregistered guest
HERES HOW----------------------
First off dont run it through a lighter outlet. over a 140 watts and you could blow up and car will get messed up rather do this. get an inverter that has about 350-400 watts and has connectors to hard wire to car battery. after you hard wire them or pay someone to do this for you which is better way then just plug ps2 into inverter and tv and whatever other things you need into it as well and then plug everything topgther just like a normal home tv and ps2. only prob is my inverter causes me to not get any radio stations when inverter is on.

mkerkman2@wi.rr.com
Unregistered guest
where could I get this power inverter? is it that hard to hook up?

billbo
Unregistered guest
i have a 2000 mustang and i wanna put 2 overhead monitor in my car. would i have to get some extra power or something for that and is it hard to hook up those overhead monitors

billbo
Unregistered guest
and i would like to hook my xbox up to both of them. how would i go about doing that

DamnCrackhead
Unregistered guest
billbo. The first thing you will need to do is. Pick up some 10 foot bolts. Then drill 2 holes all the way though your roof. Then get the 2 power wires and hook one wire in each ear. Then get your RCA cables and plug those in your nose after that you will need to run your ground wires. These wires will need to be twisted together and plug them in your @ss. After that take the car to a CAR AUDIO SHOP and have them make sure it is working properly.

billbo
Unregistered guest
ok thanks damnCrackhead i hope that will work

Unregistered guest
i am australian how do you hook up a playstation to a pionerr tv in my toyota hatch i have seen the plugs you can buy at the shop but dont know how to put it to gether you no red and white pugs ==

Unregistered guest
Is there any way to power up the ps2 or xbox without a power inverter and directly to the car battery??

BigPac57
Unregistered guest
I am hooking up a 27 inch Toshiba and a PS2 in a 2001 Tahoe. I have an 800 peak inverter with 400 watts continuous. Is that enough power and can I hook it up to the rear cig lighter or do I need to go straight to the battery?

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 21
i wanna hook up my ps2 in my car temporarily and use my laptop as a monitor and i was wonderin how to do it

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 22
i also dont kno what kind of inverter to get

Unregistered guest
Is there anyway to cut the power cable to say, umm... maybe a dreamcast... and run it straight to the battery to bypass the inverter? just wondering, because if you ever look at a car that has been done 'professionally', you dont see a mass bulk coming from the cigarette lighter area, so there has to be a less conspicuous way to do it right?

lil bill
Unregistered guest
ya, fo sheezy

Username: Jason32812

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 8
I have a Geo metro how do I put a 52" wide screen projection tv in it.

Username: Jason32812

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 9
and on a serious note some guy said a 420 watt amp with take 90-80 amps.... bull.. how come you guys make up amperage an amplifier will use. There is a formula smart ones. Watts divided by volts = amps. So a 450 watt amp will use about 35 amps at full load at 12 volt.

Anonymous

HOW do i hook up 2 ps2's without useing the internet? Is there a way

Username: Dadj

Post Number: 1
theres alotta common sence questions being asked here!
If you dont know the difference between, ac, or dc, dont bother trying to put anything in your car...
You'll blow your self up!!
Now that i think about it, go out and start pluging things into everywhere!

Unregistered guest
If anyone has any serious questions on anything to do with what's been said just email me. Matt_Hylton2002@yahoo.com

Username: Garcia

Can you show me the step please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Ace Technologies
Unregistered guest
i just fitted a motories screen with tv in my Golf mk3 were the stereo was and moved the stereo to the bottom in the gap. i also added a sun visor screen with tv and a dvd player under the glove box. i have also fiited a playstion 2 in the glove box. now the playstion is connected to the motorised screen with a inverter (which you can buy from any Maplins - £35) now the dvd player is connected to the sun visor and motorised screen with an RF Modulator (which is - £12 Ebay or £40 any car electric shop) the stereo on the other hand is connected to the side and back speakers and the subwoofers, whereas the screens are connected to the very front speakers... its amazing what you can do with some of these gadgets. oyeh, for the tv tuner you can buy an electric antenna for the car RRP £35 from car electric shop. all the above are connected with the front batterey only as well

Sagemaster
Unregistered guest
i have heard that ps2 have got invertors already built in and all u have to do is plug it into the car lighter is the correct?

Sagemaster
Unregistered guest
i have heard that ps2 have got invertors already built in and all u have to do is plug it into the car lighter is the correct? i alsoi have a hard dive and network adaptor on the ps2 will this make a differnce?

Unregistered guest
lmao if you plug your ps2 into your ciggarette lighter it definately will not work (I can assure you that)!

The ps2 does have an Inverter but it inverts AC power to about 4 different voltages of DC power for different components in the ps2. Your cigarrette lighter spits out approx. 12v of dc power which would be enough to run your playstations cd drive,and thats about it. (but thats only if you bypass the ps2 power supply, and still thats risky because your vehicle has a battery not like all other batteries, it's call a "crank battery". The battery is designed to start a car by sendin large volts of electricity to the starter until the alternator takes over. It does not send consistent equal levels of voltage which means that if your battery just decides to send out more power then what the ps2 is designed for, and I bet you $50 it will, your ps2 will fry in an instant. Unless , you have a fuse which you can easily get at radioshack for about a buck that is not larger then 12 volts and maybe 4 amps (not sure on the amperage though).)

The ps2's inverter is designed to take in 120 v ac and turn it into 12 dc, 5v dc, 3.3 v dc and etc. it will not convert anything else (especially not dc power from a car).

What you can do if you have enough knowledge with electrical testers is open the ps2's cover and find the transformer. The transformer is usually brass coloured and looks like it has copper wrapped around it (shaped like a square). with your tester test all of the connections and find out at what point the power is transformed into 12v dc. When you find that connect a wire to the batteries positive terminal, to a fuse that allows 12 volts of current and approximately 4 amps flow through it, the connect anotther wire to the other end of the fuse to the point on the playstation where the power is inverted to 12 dc. After that it will probibally be necessary to find the point where the power is converted into 5 v dc and find a fuse that will work with that (not hard, once again radio shack). Depending on what all runs off of the 12v dc supply you might not have to do the last step.

Voila u built yourself your own stable power inverter (sort of, well, at least it works)

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get a power inverter for my ps2 please give me the site. lol j/p

Unregistered guest
well "don't know "
before posting any reply you should try or at least read before saying anything to anybody...
1st of all... the ps2's power supply converts the ac current "220 volts in my case -libya-" into 12 volts and it has nothing to do with 5 volts...i was thinkin the same way until i discovered that the ps2 works completly on 12 volts dc ..dont know the amperage yet..but i GUESS that a suitable fuse will make the ps2 work directly of the battery btw for those who wanna run it on any 12 volts power supply open up your ps2 and remove the power suppply u'll find 4 pins use the 2 pins in the middle ..now i dont remember which one is the + but you can try dont worry ...nothin' will get burned..(I have tried this)
and BTW "don't know " i have never heard about such a "SMART BATTERIES" that it decides to send high or low current by itself
and finally PS2 DOESNT CARE ABT 5 VOLTS!

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 58
great, i'm sure that you guys have some idea of what your talking about, but the application of your knowledge is questionable. Sagemaster wants to plug his 120vac PS2 into a 12vdc cigarette lighter and thinks it will work? then you guys tell him to open his PS2 up and "fiddle" with the insides? just buy a power inverter sage. it's cheaper that the PS2 your going to have to buy to replace the one you toasted.
you can get one at.. pretty much anywhere. wal-mart, lowes, home depot, family dollar, dollar general, best buy, circuit city, parts stores, ETC. hell, i've even seen them sold at a few grocery stores, althogh i don't know why.

ubergoober
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 13.4" Boss LCD flip down for my SUV. I need to know how to hook it up to my PS2... ( im not very knowledgeable when it comes to this shizznit) so can some one just spell it out for me?????????

mike12345
Unregistered guest
i have a Pioneer DEH-P6300 and want to hook ps2 but im not sure were the cabels go. There are 2 inputs for rear and 2 for front then thre is mic and tel. inputs. were do the wires on the ps2 go in the head unit

Tylerlane
Unregistered guest
Yeah I have to head rest monitors that are both wired to a DVD player I have on the back of the center console. Now I want to hook up a PS2 but the DVD player only has a AV jack in the back...can I use that or what adapter am I going to need in order to get that accomplished?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
is the AV on the back of the dvd and input or output?

if it's an input, just hook up ps2 to that.

if it's an output, you'll need an AV switcher.

Anonymous

No one seems to answer this HOW DO YOU CONNECT A PS2 To A LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do have an idea I just don't feel like buying stuff that I will have to return.....

Anonymous

Look, unless your laptop has a video input card or tv-tuner, it is impossible to hook a PS2 to a laptop without buying external hardware. Depends on the input device, affordable ones cost around $50 to $100, and you can locate them online.

DoomTrooper
Unregistered guest
i have hooked up my ps2 off an inverter in my car and when i power it up it makes a funny cliking noise then finally goes into standby from which i can tunr it on, if the car is running however the ps2 tries to go into standby but turns off again with a funny clicking noise like a clock

Anonymous

I HAVE A 350W 700 PEAK POWER INVERTER, A PLAYSTATION 2 AND AND AUDIOVOX OVERHEAD MONITOR, DO I NEED A DVD PLAYER OR CAN I USE THE PS2, HOW DO I HOOK THIS UP IN MY CAR. OR DO I NEED SOMETHING EXTRA, IF YOU HAVE PICTURES ON HOW TO INSTALL THEM HOLLA AT ME.

bobinuk
Unregistered guest
I have bought a pair of sunvisor screens and a new slim playstation 2. I am ok with the audio part, but could someone tell me how to power them. I have heard that the new playstation requires a 8.5v supply unlike the old one which required 12 volts.
thanx

bobinuk
Unregistered guest
I have bought a pair of sunvisor screens and a new slim playstation 2. I am ok with the audio part, but could someone tell me how to power them. I have heard that the new playstation requires a 8.5v supply unlike the old one which required 12 volts.
thanx

robb
Unregistered guest
is a 60 watt invertor that plugging in to the lighter in the car enough for just a ps2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
robb:
if you have it try it. if not get something bigger. look at your PS2 to see what it needs.
i'd look at mine for you, but i'd have to walk and i'm too lazy :-)

bobinuk:
you need a power inverter.

Unregistered guest
Ok heres my plan, i want to buy a ps2, 7" indash lcd screen, Cd player with a video and audio out put and in put and a 15" flip down tv... Will my ps2 play dvds? i think it will save me money insted of buying a dvd/cd player let me know if it would all work

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
yes, you can use your PS2 as a dvd player, but what if you want to play gran turismo 4 while your diving and someone in the back wants to watch a movie??? :-)

crash
Unregistered guest
is it possible to burn the ps2 if i go a 350 watts invertor but i didn't ground it?

crash
Unregistered guest
is it possible to burn the ps2 if i go a 350 watts invertor but i didn't ground it?

Anonymous

well,
basically if you don't ground it it won't work
need a positive and a negative to operate.
without either one the inverter won't turn on,

Anonymous

ur an idiot, the third wire is the grounding wire, the other two are the positive and negative, it will work perfectly fine without the grounding wire, but it just won't be very safe

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
inverters (all the ones i've dealt with) only have two power wires. 12+ and neg. if you don't connect the ground wire, the inverter won't power on like the first anon said, and what are you talking about anon 2? 3rd wire? are you talking about the actual outlet 3rd wire? that dosen't matter and will be safe. just like using it in the house. if it was meant to have a 3rd (grounding) wire, don't you think the wonderfully smart designers at Sony would have put one in? :-)

i hate all this using anonymous, makes it hard to respond to people.

faheja
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have a 7 in screen in my car. I bought a inverter which is more then enough watts. I want to hook up my dvd player to it. Just a random dvd player i bought? Im not an idiot and know what im doing. BUT! when i turn it all on, it makes a buzzing noise. Theres alittle sound, but mostly buzzing. Ive went out and bought a bigger inverter whihc is like 800w peak, still the same thing. When i run a line out of my garage and power the dvd player, and it works fine. Its pretty much just a ppower issue. ive tryed everything

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 98
That is what you call engine noise. You have a couple options. Buy better rca cable, something you can ground. or get an engine noise reducer. Crutchfield sells them i know. Also maybe just try running the rca as far away as you can from the power wires and inverter.

Plainol2k2si@ephatch.com
Unregistered guest
HAHAHHAHAHA...its true. it has been posted almost 30 times. people need to learn some forum manners.

jeremylane
Unregistered guest
i have an iva d300 and i want to hook up a ps2 to the screen is that possible? Any info will help.

thanks

Anonymous

PS2Games Shipped Right To Your Door 2 kewl!
Gamefly

Anonymous

how do i go about putting in a Ronco Food Dehydrator, A Ronco Rottisere, a mircrowave, blender, and a real disco ball in my car ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
WHAT? why would you want all that stuff in your truck(i hope)?

take your truck to walmart, and on the way there, drive into a tree or pole or something. :-)

get some 8gauge wire and a 4 output fuse block, and 4 power inverters (check each of those items to see how much power they use and get the appropriate inverters.
run the wire to the back of truck (or whereever your putting all that, stuff) and connect each inverter's 12+ to a fused post on the distro block, and the inverters neg to the same spot on car's body. then connect each appliance to it's own inverter with the disco ball and blender on the same inverter.
that is assuming your going to be using this in some kind of mobile food truck where you'll need to use all of them at the same time. also you'll probaly want to look into adding a second battery. although this setup may be a little overkill, (you could prubaly just get away with 2 high powered inverters) i think it'd would provide the best results.

if your only going to use one at a time, just find out which appliance draws the most amps and get an inverter that is appropriate and your good to go.

Got Like 3 Feet of Air
Unregistered guest
Can someone tell me how to connect a PS2 to my bike.

My bikes sweet it has shocks and pegs.

Username: Smith_erick

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 6
If anyone needs a FM modulator, I have one that is like new., i installed it with my Video system in my jeep and decided i was going to do it another way, it also helps if you have real good RCA's going from the Playsation to the radio, due to all the electronics and intereference in the vehicle.

PS..I have a TV on e-bay too.. seach for clarion car tv...

Anonymous

The PS2 slimline runs on DC. I have not figued out how to isolaste the engine noise though. Probably needs a series of capacitors.

Username: Eminemlicksass

Update...My PS2 Slimline runs on DC12V. I've isolated the engine noise by buying a $15 DC Noise Filter from Radio Shack. This cleared up 100% of the engine noise and only a little static remains at full volume.
FYI... The PS2 is powered by the noise filter, which is running off the ignition (Radio/Accessories). The LCD screen is powered only by the ignition. The video RCA cable (yellow) from the PS2 is plugged into the LCD screen. The red and white RCA cables are split with Y cables. one set runs to the LCD screen for headphones, the other set of audio cables goes to the AUX input on my Alpine deck.
If you still can't figure it out...you never will.
P.S. My PS2 is under a full warranty and is NOT rated at 12VCD, but it does work fine. Play at your own risk.

Unregistered guest
well my question is very simple
I was just wondering if anyone out there has any tips or ideas on a place to install my playstaton 2 in my car. i have the new version ps2 that is smaller and thinner???
Any ideas? i dont want to mount it to the bottom of my dash!!!

Unregistered guest
Posted by Ken:

I need to know how to connect the PS2 to my Clarion VRX630 Headunit.

So far I have a JVC mp3 changer with FM modulator attached and tuned into 88.1FM for reception through the modulator, and then regular power wires. red/black

The Clarion VRX 630 has 4CH audio out front right/left rear right/left and one video input which is described in the owners manual as a video imput for TV Tuner.

I have a CNET terminal which is not in use, and also a VISUAL/CCD/DVD imput.

What I understand:

I need an inverter to power PS2 (done)
I need appropriate RCA cables (done)

What I don't understand:

Where to place the RCA to get sound/picture
from PS2.

Best possible configuration of Inverter/PS2 and hooked up to Head Unit.

Thanks.

Ken

KenCanada
Unregistered guest
Posted by: Ken

For more information about the Clarion VRX630 Headunit, here is the link

http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/2004_products/multimedia/VRX630.html

Sorry I could not find a wiring diagram for the headunit. (should be standard on all manfacturers sites if you ask me :/

Thanks,
Ken

angry_dwarf
Unregistered guest
well, according to the website, you need an additional cable to do what your trying to do.

A/V Input With Optional CCA389 Cable

KenCanada
Unregistered guest
Posted by: Ken

Thanks angry_dwarf

I guess my problem was that I didn't know what the CCA389 cable was.

Simply hooks into the CCD port, then has 3 RCA outputs.

1 video and the two audio.

They look like audio out though?

KenCanada
Unregistered guest
my house was broken into last night, and my PS2 was stolen. So much for my install.

:-(

angry_dwarf
Unregistered guest
sorry to hear that dude, that really sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1115
who in the world honestly breaks into a house just to steal a ps2 lol...but dude that sucsks....find them and kick there buties

Unregistered guest
I want to play my Slimline Ps2 in the car and i have a screen, my only problem is getting an adapter from 12v (cigarette lighter) to 8.5v (Slimline ps2). I found one made by joytech but it is so new that it isn't in any shops yet. Do you know of anything i could use until it comes out???

big_Meanie
Unregistered guest
You could try actually reading some of the previous posts where this was ALREADY answered.
Several times.

I'm Tired of answering the same questions over and over and over again because people are to lazy to READ. Damn

gazzamalaz
Unregistered guest
HEY! you know, you could just buy a freakin gas powered generator and plug your PS2 and tv into it! just chuck it in the boot! lol

Anonymous

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!! Since you cant figure it out, just take it to your local sound shop theyll tell you what you need, and know how to intall it all, im sure they know...my shop only charged $100 to put the entire PS 2 slim and wire it up to all my T.Vs to play the same thing..... if they dont know...well your just F*U*C*K*E*D

karlt65
Unregistered guest
its simple to connect the old ps2 to the car as they run off 12v and you can get a 12v invertor very cheap.
now with the slim ps2's they run off 8.5v and there is a few companies that sell them but they are very expensive. does any one know of cheaper invertors??

dvs
Unregistered guest
I just bought an in-dash LCD monitor and plan to hook it up to a Playstation 2 so I can play games as well as DVDs. (I already have my FM modulator and inverter.) I'm planning on mounting it under the driver's seat using 2 brackets that go over the top of the unit, and some foam for a little vibration dampening. A question for those of you who have a PS2 in their car... does the PS2 ever skip when going over bumps? How skip-prone is the PS2? If it is a problem, how did you deal with it?

Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 61
Ive had mine for awhile now, and NEVER had that problem, atleast not yet. Mine is in my glovebox (the slim version). And even when the bass hits hard it doesnt. I know because when i play GTA San Andreas, i turn the volume up, along with my gain, and it sounds great, especially shooting an automatic gun, you feel like theyre shooting right there, but it doesnt skip...so NO it doesnt skip, atleast with me ha ha ha

Unregistered guest
listen people i read all the room and i got a in car dvd player with screen allready attached i was wondering is it the same for that as it would be with a normal screen in a car or do i need anything different i understand every thing else

Anonymous

I'm not quite sure why you guys are talking about using a Power Inverter for a "12v" PS2. If there IS a 12v PS2, it wouldn't need any power conversion except for regulating the 13.8vdc from the car down to a clean 12vdc. Anyhow, as far as I know, all the old PS2's were 120vac, which would need a power inverter. A better, but more risky and more advanced technique would be to bypass the internal PS2 power supply, then regulate your car's DC source down to the internal bus voltage of the PS2 (12vdc?) As far as the new PS2's that run on 8.5vdc, that should be a small matter of a correctly rated voltage regulator and or voltage dividers. You could get all the parts for probably less than $5.00

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 167
WOW........that was amazing.........you just gave me a bonor!!!! Let me guess, thats how YOU run your PS2. This isnt Tito's install down the street, people wanna do it right!!!

YOU_DONT_DESERVE_A_PS2
Unregistered guest
I got one of those new scooters that was all the rage last year and it's like this. I can't seem to balance when I'm playing my PS2. The generator on the back is heavy and keeps wanting to fall off. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. I thought of training wheels, but I though that might look a little weird. The other thing is my tv doesn't get a very good picture from the PS2. I have it connected like I read in the forum above. Power to the RCAs, video connected to the audio in on the tv, what am I missing, or yeah... A BRAIN!!!!

Riley Holtkamp
Unregistered guest
I have a PlayStation 2 that I would like to hook up to my portable dvd player but my three colored jacks (red,yellow, and white)will not fit in my dvd player they are to small. Am I screwed??

Please Help
Riley H.

chimzerz
Unregistered guest
i was wondering if i stuffed my penisss into the cigerette lighter...would i be able to plug my tv, ps2, xbox, and gamecube through my nose, mouth, assssshole, and ears for power? i'd really appreciate an answer. thanks

chicago13
Unregistered guest
is there any way to play the playstaion without having the car on and without wastin batt power

JOEJOEJOE
Unregistered guest
i am hooking up a 15 inch flat screen computer monitor in my truck. i am wondering what power invertor i need to get. please help

tbridgers
Unregistered guest
I just had a video system installed in my car and I am having problems with the PS2. When I turn it on, the screen is jumping and it makes a buzzing sound. Does anyone know what this is about?

idd
Unregistered guest
its probably a bad ground

idd
Unregistered guest
i want to hook a game cube in my ford excursion but i want it to be out of the way and look like its part of the truck and all the wires hidden i already have the stock tv and dvd player in the truck anyone have any ideas?

Anyonymous #99
Unregistered guest
I vanna hump a lot

urapussy
Unregistered guest
A game cube????? who owns a game cube? and you're going to put this in an excursion??? Let me guess, the excursion is pink.

help plzz
Unregistered guest
how can i hook up an individual PS2 to 4 monitors (1-6.5" in-dash, 1-sunvisor, 2-headrest monitors)is it even possible? and if it is what do i need to get?

Directed TV Playstation Problem
Unregistered guest
I have a Directed TV installed in my van and when Playstation is plugged into the RCA jacks, I get a picture but with lines and scrolling. I do not believe this to be a PAL/NTSC problem and the RCA jacks and cables appear to be in working order. Any thoughts how to fix this? The sound does work fine.

Username: Skylite

OK,
I'm going to get A inverter so I can play ps2 in my car. But I have to t.v's what to put in. Do I have to put my 350 watt inverter on to the car battery or can I put it in to the cig. Lighter
Please Respond

Unregistered guest
how do I make my in dash kenwood touchscreen head unit play movies without having my parking brake on???

UK RULES!!!
Unregistered guest
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO POWER MY PS2 IN MY CAR WITHOUT USING THE CIG LIGHTER(cos it looks ugly). CAN SOMEONE GIVE A STRAIGHT SIMPLE ANSWER WITHOUT USING GEEKISH LANGUAGE LIKE "YOU NEED A FLUX COMPACITOR", ITS JUST PURE ANNOYANCE.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 560
Lol flux capacitor. Get a power inverter and wire the positive wire straight to the battery. You will need a small fuse to go between the wire and battery. Then wire the negative to a uncovered metal part in the car. See how much power the ps2 draws before you get a power inverter.

Unregistered guest
I have an icon-tv dvd player setup in my trunk. There are no a/v inputs or outputs on the monitors or dvd player is there any type of cord or something i can get to convert the cable running to the monitors or something?

ConfusedGirl
Unregistered guest
Don't they just sell a Car adapter for the PS2, rather that everyone trying to figure out what parts to buy and how to connect them ???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3904
ConfusedGirl, the car adapter does not cover everything on the ps2. You have 120v AC, audio and video cables. The only way to get AC in a car is via inverter. Are you talking about that?
If you open up the PS2 and look inside, you might be able to figure out the exact voltage it needs in DC. Then get a regulator to step up the voltage.
Connecting the inverter straight to the battery is NOT a good idea. It'll drain your starter battery. All it takes is, you forgetting to turn it off.
A better way would be to get a 12v relay from Walmart or any car audio shop and hooking the trigger line to cig lighter or acc wire. That way, if the car is off, it'll shut everything down. That device costs around $6.

ConfusedGirl
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info Isaac - Doesn't anybody sell this so that people don't have to keep guessing and keep worrying that it might ruin something. I would be comfortable just buying a product which says "Car adapter for PS2" so that I don't have to worry that I am not buying something wrong from Walmart or wherever

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3906
ConfusedGirl, the only problem is, there's not enough demand for it. If you look at the sales, let's say 1 million units sold, then less than 1000 will be installed in cars. So that is why the manufacturers are not to eager to make it.
DVDs on the other hand is another story.

Unregistered guest
I have a question? can I hook up a home theater subwoofer in my car. Some of my friends say you can. Some of them say you cant because they have different ohms. So can sume one please lay out the facts for me:-)

RockinWithThe27Inch
Unregistered guest
I just took my big old TV from my room and the ps2 and sat them on my front passenger seat. I angled the tv to face me and spent $30 at wal-mart for a power plug thingy. I just duct-taped the tv to the seat so it wouldnt fall forward under hard braking, I tried just using the seatbelt but it wouldn't reach. I stuck the ps2 ontop of the tv with double stick tape. It hooks up just like in my house. Passengers have to sit in the back now, but they have to climb over the drivers seat cuz the seat doesnt go forward with the tv in it. But its alll worth it cuz it looks so wicked! Im the only person I know with a 27 inch tv in my car, it rocks! Next Week imma hook up my vcr too so i can watch movies:-), but i need a power bar. Is it safe to put a microwave in the backseat too, or will that take too much power???

cozzy
Unregistered guest
No way ur a toon y do that???? a microwave lol thats funny

abstract peas
Unregistered guest
i couldnt think of another temp name

MAD A
Unregistered guest
ok will a 700 watt inverter be too much to power a ps2. And would it be too big for the car battery, would drain my battery quick. If yes what is a good size to power a ps2 and still not hurt the car too much.

Unregistered guest
http://www.4lots.com/power_inverter/power_inverter_xbox.htm

inverters

Unregistered guest
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/12V%20Mini%20Xbox.htm

inverters and also information about it

Unregistered guest
http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-accessories/240v-mains-power-inverters---fro m-12v-supply.shtml

more inverters and information

Unregistered guest
I have a 7" in dash monitor and a dvd,mp3,and cd player thats not indash how do i hook it up?

blahbalhaakjvf
Unregistered guest
i just realized u cant hook up an xbox to a denali itrs impossible the car is wired differently i even bought a power thingy but that didnt even work even on right number of watts
anyone know how to hook up an xbox to a denali

Stevie3806
Unregistered guest
I recently installed a 7" in dash monitor and a slimline PS2 in the glove box. the ps2 runs off the cigarette lighter adapter i bought from ebay. The ps2 cuts out and somtimes doesnt turn on and the other day it drained my battery. What is the problem?

someonewithsense
Unregistered guest
Gamestop has available the correct Vehicle Adapter for a Slimline PS2. It costs 14.95 It plugs into your cig adapter (so its not a permanent thing). To the guy wanting his DVD head unit to work without the parking brake...you're going to have to unhook he wire attacehd to the parking brake and ground it elsewhere on the frame, and then the DVD player will play movies even with the vehicle in motion. I do however extremely discourage this, because people still can't even hold a cell phone converstaion without wrecking. Drive and Watch at your own risk, make sure you don't kill my family watching the newest Scary Movie.

Prophecy2k4
Unregistered guest
Damn you guys are f*ckin stupid.This sh*t is really not that hard you complete idiots.

Unregistered guest
after reading this forum i really feel like sliting my own throat.... for a ps2 normal and slimline, all u need is to ask somebody at your local store that sells electronics which inverter would power which one. get some agreement thing so that if their advice is wrong they will replace ur gear (what i did) and plug the inverter into your cigarrette lighter and into ur ps2. then you power the ps2 on and it WILL work providing you got good advice. an inverter is ALL you need so dont even f@#king bother opening up the ps2 or cutting wires unless you are a very poor sack of sh1t and cant even afford 30 buks. but by all means try because hopefully there will be a few less retards for people to deal with. read the forum before you ask any more questions because the same questions get asked and answered over and over and no proggress has been made with alot of them because nobody wants to put up with all of your dumbass sh1t, so why dont you go back to the hick town your mother crapped out you and the rest of your inbred family and never go near an electronic device again, im surprised you guys can even afford these things seeing a) you pay to much in dentist bills and b) ur stupid...how to you hold down a job when u cant even read a f@#king forum and follow SIMPLE advice. go eat a fat one

Anonymous

Can you connect a sun visor screen with a ps2 if so how?

Anonymous

Can you connect a sun visor screen with a ps2 if so how?

Anonymous

Can someone tell me where i can get some sliding brackets to mount my ps2 under the seat. I'm looking for brackets that are made for it or i dont have to modify to much. I've found one in the united kingdom but i need to find one in the states

DSUPA
Unregistered guest
I HAVE 3 TV'S,A DVD PLAYER,2 12"INCH SPEAKERS & 2 AMPS HOOKED UP.THE ONLY THING IS THAT AFTER RIDING A COUPLE OF BLOCKS MY CAR GOES DEAD,BUT IT STARTS RIGHT UP, I HAVE BOUGHT BOTH A BIGGER ALTERNATOR & BATTERY, DO I HAVE TO HOOK UP ANOTHER BATTERY? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!ITS HARD TO PICK UP GIRLS WHEN YOUR CAR KEEPS GOING DEAD!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 24
Any one who wants to know you have 2 choices with the inverter question.
1.Plug the inverter to a cig lighter. OR
2.Forget about plugging it into a cig lighter and hook it up directly to the batterie. Because
Explanation. When you hook a inverter to a cig lighter it can only put out as much power as the cig lighter puts out however much that might be.When you hook it directly to the batterie you can get the full amount of power that the inverter is rated for.

Anonymous

hiya
ijust bout a joytech inverter to run my ps2 slimline throufh d cig socket. is it advisable to plug it into d cigarett lighter or through th baterry straight. pls help

Anonymous

hiya
ijust bout a joytech inverter to run my ps2 slimline throufh d cig socket. is it advisable to plug it into d cigarett lighter or through th baterry straight. pls help

Anonymous

how can i hook up a ps2 or gamecube to a suv with a vcr on the floor and a tv in the roof of the suv

Anonymous

U CAN VERY SIMPLY ATTACH PS2 SLIM VERSION TO THE POWERBATTERY !!! NO DAMN INVERTERS !!

http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8253438733&fromMakeTrack=t rue

Sony Playstation PSTwo In Car Adapter PS2 Slim - NEW

Anonymous

U CAN VERY SIMPLY CONNECT PS2 SLIM VERSION TO THE POWERBATTERY !!! NO DAMN INVERTERS !!

http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8253438733&fromMakeTrack=t rue

Sony Playstation PSTwo In Car Adapter PS2 Slim - NEW

Anonymous

hi i want to play my slimline ps2 on a coach with out plugin it into a dc adaptor thingy. can i get a portable plug or somin to do that ineed to know now please.
thanks

Unregistered guest
how do i hook up a seperate amp to my speakers..i do not want my speakers and subs on the same amp

Unregistered guest
I have two headrest monitors but they don't have a/v RCA's all they have are a thick red wire, a thick black wire, and three thin wires a blue, green, and red ones does anyone know how to makes this work?

Brandonsc_85fl
Unregistered guest
Hey, I was just wondering where the best position would be to mount the inverter, PS2 (maybe old one, maybe slim, not sure yet) in the car..? I was thinking about velcrow, or in the glove compartment.. Just wanna hear some ideas.. Also the inverter, I'm thinking about placing it in the middle of the dash, behind the radio, somewhere in that area, try to hide it as best as possible. Any help would rock! Thanks..

Username: Bryandub

Okay you morons. This is simple. In order to connect a ps2 you need to 1) find a place to mount it- whether it be under the seat or glovebox, or fiberglassed into the dash 2) Power the playstation and run wiring accordingly: 75 watt power inverter will work just fine- run it straight from the battery and ground it out 3) connect the video (yellow) and audio (red and white) into your deck or monitor(s) and you will be good to go. It is very easy to do and you can get a power inverter on harborfreight.com for 15 bucks. I have a JVC in dash DVD player w/ 7" monitor and it is fiberglassed into the dash where the glovebox used to be. I can play the playstation in the front and watch movies through the headrest monitors or watch movies up front and playstation in back. This really is not difficult- if you cannot do this yourself, you really need to take it into a car audio shop because you will probably blow something up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us