Hooking up two sperate amps

Username: Pdxmodel

Post Number: 1
Right now I have a pioneer double din running the four speakers and a 12 inch in the trunk off a 5chanel Alpine amp. I have a 92 LEXUS sc400 that had a factory 10inch in the deck removed when the system was replaced. I want to install an aftermarket 8 where the 10 was and have that being powered by the Alpine..then use a mono amp to run the 12...The thing is I don't want the sub in the trunk to be affected when i alter the eq I want it to be constant andor independent and only have the 8 and internal speakers affected..can this be done?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 991
I have read your question multiple times within the past 3 days to try and digest what you are trying to ask. If I understand you right, you are trying to find a way to change the EQ settings on one Subwoofer, while leaving the other Subwoofers EQ settings the same?

If so, the only thing I could suggest would be to:

A: Purchase an Equalizer for each amplifier and tune them seprately.
B: Set your EQ Settings on the Head Unit and then adjust the settings on the amplifier.

Post Number: 2
Hi Joe
Thanks for responding. I know I might have confused the forum..... maybe I said too much.
Let me try again....Think of it like this....I want the four cabin speakers and the OEM sub....powered by the Alpine amp to be "isolated"......when I adjust the EQ..that's is built into the head unit .I.E. the.sub...hi pass...loudness..etc...to NOT affect the 12" sub in the trunk I'm adding with a mono amp, In other words, I want to control the larger sub only with the controls on the amp and or the remote that will be mounted in the glove box. Otherwise I'm assuming both subs with be giving out the same frequency, and I would like the smaller in dash sub for more of the mids..and larger in trunk for the lows.

Thanks again

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 993
Well, unless you have a Head Unit that has a Sub 1 and Sub 2 option to customize each Subwoofer setting, I highly doubt you will be able to achieve this with using the EQ on the Head Unit alone.

For the best results, I would go with option "A" that I have listed above. This way you will not be touching the EQ Settings on the Head Unit, but rather tuning the Equalizers. Here is a decent Equalizer listed below that you can consider looking into:

Clarion EQS746:
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_16889_Clarion_EQS746.aspx

Username: Shawn28

Post Number: 1
Okay so I have two 12" hifonics and a p1 10" and I want to run the two 12s to one amp and the 10 to another amp the 12s are ran in a series and both amps are 2 channel amps how do I do it?

Post Number: 3
Thank you again Joe

It def sounds like you know your stuff!!!! I know what I want but leave it up to the pros to do the install. I unfortunately am far from being handy. I truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions as well as offer me solutions.

Cheers!..Kristi

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 995
No Problem pdxmodel. Come back again if you have another question.

As far as your question goes Shawn, the only way I can advise you on how to wire up your Subwoofers to your Amplifiers is if you can post the Model Numbers. This way I can give you accurate information.

Username: Shawn28

Post Number: 2
Well I just need to know if I run both amps together then to the
stereo deck or both amps separately

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 997
Sorry shawn, I'm still having a hard time understanding what exactly you are trying to ask. If you are wondering how you will wire both amplifiers to your deck, then you would need to either run 2 rca cables (one for each amplifier) from your deck to amplifiers.

If you deck does not have 2 sets of rca output jacks in the back, then you will need to purchase a y-cord to split the 1 jack into 2, and then run your 2 rca cables to where your amplifiers are.

Each amplifier will need its own power, negative & rem cable as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us