Good System

Username: The_big_one

Post Number: 1
I have a 1990 300zx 2+2. I ride with the seats down. I know nothing about systems. What should I go with as far as speakers and amp. I am going to put a double din head unit in the car. I just do not know what brand. I love bass I want a low deep sounding bass. I also have to replace all the factory speakers. I do not want all my space gone in the back. I have talked with a few audio dealers but as you know there product is always #1. So help me someone or anyone thanks. I am not trying to blow the hatch off the car but I do want to be heard.

Username: Stevokentucky

Frankfort, Ky Us

Post Number: 10
Eminence Eminators have low-round sounding bass. They dont hit as hard as others but they are very deep and lots of sustaining bass. Also, thier lightweight cone allows you to get bigger sound out of lower wattage since they are so sensitive. They are a great for beginners and last a long time.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 973
Very interesting, I actually just purchased a 1991 300zx 2+2 just a few weeks ago, lol.

By any chance do you know if you have the Bose system in your 300zx? If so, you may be in for quite some work just like myself. Also, I would recommend only purchasing a Single DIN for the 300zx. It requires no modification to the dash what so ever. Just simply take out the stock deck, and slide in the new one. Below is a picture of my 300zx with the new Deck I installed myself:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/685/2069/39211034014_medium.jpg

Also, as im sure you know, there really isn't too much space in the 300zx, so I would simply start my aquiring new speakers first. If it turns out that you need more Bass, then we can help you out at that point in time

In your 300zx, you are able to fit 6 3/4" Speakers all the way around, both in the door and in the rear deck. If you can give me a price range on what your looking to spend on speakers alone, I could give you some suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us