Need New Front Door Speakers (and Amp)

Username: Cannmann21

Post Number: 1
Ok so currently in my car i have some aftermarket front and rears. im pretty sure they are garbage though because the guy cheaped out on the sub and amp (MTX sub with a sony explod 1200w amp :P) which means he probably did the same for the speakers. Either way, i want some new ones. I can pick up a set of the alpine spr-17s components for about $150 which seems like a decent deal (330w max, 110rms power range). I was also looking at some rainbow speakers such as the csx 265, slc 265, slx 265 deluxe because rainbow is supposed to be a good company? how do they compare to the alpines considering they are an extra 75-100 bucks? Any other suggestions for fronts? im sure there are much better companies out. Looking for SQ. Price range 250 and down, but less the better :P

im obviously looking for an amp to power the speakers too, but ive been looking for a 4ch amp with around 100w @4ohms and its tough. Price range ideally from 300 down but i will look at others if they are a little bit more. i know you dont want to cheap out on amp.

as for the rears, i dont care as much right now. in B.C., you get your "N" before your full license which basically restricts you to 1 passenger. So no one is sitting in the rear right now. Eventually though, i will get some new rears too.

P.S. would it be better just to focus on the front speakers and get a 2ch amp to save some money?

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 307
if i were you i would get a 4 channel and keep w/e crap is in the doors but run them bandpass and in series bridged to the 3/4 channels...

As for speakers, you should go listen to a bunch of speakers and decide... http://glasswolf.net/papers/goodbadugly.html this is a good list to go by...
Just look around and listen... I am NOT a fan of alpine myself so i would take CDT DLS Rainbow focal morel and anything else basically in that range before i even look at an alpine speaker... but that is me...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us