Help with speaker selection

Username: Sweetsara

Post Number: 1
I have just installed all of these items in my 07 Honda Civic LX

-Pioneer AVIC-X920BT (Navigation receiver)
-Pioneer TS-W302R (12" 4-ohm component sub)
- Pioneer GM-D7500M (Mono car amplifier -- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

and im looking for some in-door rear speakers. i have no idea about anything technical relating to sound systems. I just want to make sure i get good quality sound output. should i get 2way or 3way? are boston acoustics a good choice? ill take all the help i can get!!

im also looking to get a rear-mounted camera, and have seen two different types that look good. one is mounted in the license plate frame with 175 angle view, the other is an ultra slim that mounts on the top of the license plate. Any advice on these?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14244
what are you using for front speakers?
what amp are you using to drive the front and rear speakers?

Post Number: 2
i have the Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6-1/2" 2-way speakers, but i havent installed them yet. I am waiting until i get replacements for my back speakers and will install them all at once. the ones i have right now are after market but i cant remember what they are, although i believe they are 2-way speakers. the amp i have is a pioneer mono amp, 400 watts rms
heres the link to it on crutchfield.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GMD750M/Pioneer-GM-D7500M.html?tp=115&tab=featur es_and_specs

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14246
the mono amp is for the sub.
you should get a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers as well. a head unit can't really supply the sort of power you'll want to compete or keep up with a powered subwoofer.

that said, since you seem to have a thing for Pioneer, why not just go with a set of Pioneers for the back as well?

here's some info on rear speakers:
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/rearfill.html

Post Number: 3
thanks so much for your help

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16296
your welcome and welcome to ecoustics

Bronze Member
Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 22
I've always had good experiences with Infinity amps for component speakers. They're not real expensive and they put out plenty of juice. They power Infinities, Polks, Kickers very well. I like the Polks myself out of that list so far, I'm going to try Focals next. Oh yes, I'm not sure if Pioneer has changed this but do not hot swap the RCA's on Pioneer HU, you will blow an internal fuse and get whine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us