Need some help!

Username: Schwany31

Post Number: 1
My system was working just fine intill i moved the sub box a tab bit and then they just stopped working......The amp turns on but the (amp power on light) is dim and the subs dont play. I have tried moving the ground and it got dimmer...i tried a different amp....when i hooked this amp up it only turned on for a few seconds depending on how i touched the Rem. wire. But i do have 12v going to it......so its gotta be my ground?

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1757
I would def. recheck your grounds. I had a body of mine that had the same problem a while back. He swore up and down his ground was great so we switched head units. Once the old but new unit still didn't work i got out the meter and sure enough there was a very crappy ground.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14241
check all of your wiring, and make sure the ground is of sufficient gauge wire, that the wire itself is undamaged, and that the ground point is to bare sanded metal. no paint.

Post Number: 3
could it the power wire and the fuse going bad??? i switched ground wires and tried two spots...same thing im reallly gonna have to dig for a good ground....just puzzles me that it would work for 2-3 weeks....

Post Number: 4
its turned out to be the fuse in the power cable. Thanks guys

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16090
glad to hear you figured it out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help