LED's In Trunk

Silver Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 145
Alright here's my question, i have three sets of les'd set up in my trunk, and every is connected to a constant 12v which I manually control with a switch, now I know i could use a pac-tr4 my remote wire to turn it on, but could I just by pass this and just use my remote wire to turn on the lights (i.e. use my remote turn as power source). I have 2 amps, and a multimedia manager with its own remote turn-on.

What do you guys think of the remote turn on modules that work with a remote control?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15069
I wouldnt do it from the remote

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11199
A remote turn on wire from the HU can NOT be used to power anything, it can only supply a very small amount of current. You could use a relay to do what you are wanting tho.

Silver Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 146
So I have to go with a pac tr-4, can i use my trunk release as turn on-signal for the tr-4

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11204
Go to a store like advance auto and and get a standard automotive relay. Pin 85 to ground, 86 to remote turn on wire, 87 to constant power, 30 to positive wire of your lights.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 335
^x2 Thats what I am doing for all of my neons and LEDs This might help as well: http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram25.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us