Re xxx system help

Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 1
New to this site!
and to car audio.. Ok so i have one 12" RE XXX subwoofer. I'm going to put it in a sealed enclosure, not sure about the cubic feet and hz yet. Here are all my extras for this setup please let me know what else i need or if the items i have are even going to work great...

Re xxx 12"
sealed box
Hifonics Brutus BXi2610D amp
0 gauge amp kit
JVC KD-R210 Head Unit
Stock battery and kinetik HC1800 powercell in trunk
haven't gotten my speaker components yet.

Do i need to get an HO alt ??
Inform me...

So there it is please give me some information on this setup if possible THANKS

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13052
my recommendations:
consider a decent set of components for the front and skip rear fill speakers (alrady noted above)
get a small 2 channel amp for the components (night and day difference over the crappy 12 watts per channel from a head unit, even if the dedicated amp is only about 40-50WPC RMS. Trust me. Otherwise your sub will drown out everything else)
also: get a battery isolator (200A should suffice) for that Kinetik since it's a dedicated audio battery. This way you can drain it and still start your car, but both will recahrge off the alternator.

As for the alternator, best wait and see. a nice 200A alternator never hurts, but to save some cash, see if voltage drops below 12VDC while using the system once it's installed. If this happens, then get the alternator, and perhaps a 2Fd capacitor additionally just to act as a filter for the rest ofthe charging system.

Also note, get a 2 amplifier wiring kit, so you have the ability to add the second amp without the need to buy all the distro block, wiring, etc to add it later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us