Amp suggestions 1000 rms at 2ohms

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 245
I'm looking for an amp that does at least 1000rms at 2 ohms 800 min if can do 1000 or more at 1ohm. The problem is I'm on a limited budget I have to stay under 180.

So far I've seen crunch, autotek (at2000.1 off the top of my head), soundtream (the cruiser line so far) , a us amp xterminator, hifonics (an older brutus model). The only thing is I have had no experience with any of the brands and looking at their power ratings it just doesn't seem to me like they'd do the rated power...

Any suggestions.

I'm about to get a power and punch 800a2 for $50 each. I could run those but I am unsure about running them on two seperate subs if that'd affect the sound quality so.. if anyone wants to trade for those two amps I'm all for it..

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 27
all of those amps are overrated. If I were you I would try to save a 100 bucks or more and just buy one decent amp.

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 247
I'm not looking for anything that amazing just something that I can use on these american bass dx 10s and then use on the idmax 10s that i'll be getting

The amp can be overrated as long as i get the power I'm looking for.and have some sort of longevity to them

Bronze Member
Username: Rvpr4

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 23
Kicker ZX1000.1.

Puts out 1000 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

Thats a decent amp. Don't waste your money on Crunch or any of those shitty brands. Not worth it in the long run.

Silver Member

Fort campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 248
I'm not too fond of kicker plus their stuff is pricey.
Is there anything out there that's decent within my price range?

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 28
uhhhh....the best thing that I could find was a Hifonics TXi1008D 1-Channel @ techronics 1000rms @ 1ohm and they want 188 +shipping..If you can afford it it will get you by. dont gt crunch or any of those....they are cr@p

Silver Member

Fort campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 249
so out of all those companies hifonics would be the way to go?

Bronze Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 53
hifonics is actually made by the same company as crunch, mb quart, and autotek are made by...all made by maxxsonics so i wouldnt think the hifonics is much better than the crunch or autotek that u suggested

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2742
Kicker zx750.1's generally go 850-950 watts @ 2 ohm.

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 31
IMO I would go with the hifonics on a budget....they will get the job done till you can upgrade to a better quality amp

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4995
just save a little more and get something that is quality man. you will appreciate it in the long run

Username: Professorbase

TX USA

Post Number: 7
I guess I'm old school....Orion hcca 225 and hcca 250. but at a 1 ohm load in stereo and 2 in mono.
serious power.
upgrade the alternator and add an extra deep cycle battery.
Those other brands..Crunch, Hifonics, Rockford Fosgate..they used to be the standard minus Crunch..
compare a 50 watt HCCA Orion against a 500 watt anything...what's missing.
Size of the heatsink..and actual power.
Now days everything is digital this and digital that..
Pro... is less heat and lots of power...cons..mmmm
don't own a digital amp
NOTE: Don't count out PPI (precision power)
They used to make some awesome amps..especially the white pro series.
also stable to low OHM loads

Silver Member

Fort campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 254
I'm not looking for anything extravagant just clean power. I have a hifionics brutus on hold right now one of the 1600 series i think an 06 model. I really do wish someone would regulate how amps are rated I mean hell if they say it'll do this much and it doesn't wouldn't that be false advertisement...

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 32
yes it would and it is false advertisement but since they say 1600w max with your battery and wiring infinitly perfect it would probably do 1600w maxed out. but in the real world everything is far from perfect.....only look at amps that are rated at rms value not max power...you can tell the quality from the cr@p if you pay attention. I have a hifonics 1610 on one pioneer premier 1000w rms sub and it does just fine. I have beat the crap out of it and it keeps on kickin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us