Alpine or rockford amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdwpgtp

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 32
hey everyone if you had to choose between a alpine mrp-f450, and a rockford fosgate 501x(older model 125x4 RMS) both in good working and physical condition, which would you pick?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1785
Probably the RF.
Nothing aginst Alpine. I just think when it comes to amps RF does a little better than Alpine. However, if the Alpine were 10-20% cheaper that would probably be enough of a reason for me to go with it.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 33
well i got the rockford for 70-80 or somethin like that, and the alpine is with a type R 6.5 component set and a 6.5 type R coaxial set all for 250 and i may be able to talk him down. so its kinda hard to compare the prices... all i know is that the rockford doesnt have a frequency nob, just hpf lpf and full switch. and has too small of terminals even for the recomended size wire

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 35
anyone else have any opinions...

Username: Rvpr4

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
Alpines great but when it comes to amps...def RF. And their amps are underrated too! On some of RF amps for example, one of their amps are rated at 1000 watts RMS@ 1 ohm, the birth sheet for the amp usually says 1400-1600 watts RMS @ 1 ohm!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15185
older RF is really good stuff so i d pick that if its a good condition though ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us