Need help tuning Sony head w/ sub.

Username: Joyof60

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1
I have installed a Sony CDX-GT330 with Xplod speakers X 4 and added a Kenwood 600 watt amp driving a Bazooka tube. My question is this, as I have reviewed the threads posted and I see a lot of confusion about gain controls, I dont seem to have a gain control, but I do have seperate bass treble and mid range controls as well as a sub control and an AUX control.How should I adjust these to achieve optimal performance?
Should I adjust the bass or the sub for sub performance? And is the Aux control just a gain for the Aux device? Any ideas about if any of these should function as pre amps and if the power should be boosted pre or post? I have the crossover on the sub set at 80 Hz, should I set a limit on the head unit as well? I'm sorry but confusion abounds! Any advice would be most appreciated.

Username: Wazzup592

Post Number: 2
Well first of all, gain control can be found on the amplifer, thats why its not on the head unit.

When tuning your gain, you want all your settings on the headunit down to 0. Then put on a song that hits low mid and high bass and tune it with your ear with the gain controls on the amp. Well thats how i always have done it, correct me if i am wrong.

Then after you tune your gain on the amp, you can mess with the low mid and high on the head unit,

Username: Joyof60

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks, I'll try that, so far I have been setting my head unit volume to max and adjusting the audible volume from the mp3/iPod, seems to work ok, but I will try playing with the gain on the amp. Thanks alot!

Username: Wazzup592

Post Number: 4
Oo and also keep your iPod at max all the time so it always sounds the same after you tune it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us