Wiring amp, help me understand the ohms dual VC Setup on 2 channel Amp

Username: Iandowne22

Post Number: 1
I have 2 Type R 12in alpine subs- 500 watts each, My amp is a LA 798 Legacy ICE, 2 Channel 1000 Watt, I believe its a 4 olm amp, I could be wrong, so is someone knows this amp better than me please correct me.
My problem is I don't understand the ohms and how it should be conntected to the amp correctly, Specfically the ohms and how to connect it with the correct ohms pulling from the Subs.
I belive speakers are a dual 2 ohm voice. There are 2 red and black (right and left) hookups on each speaker. I have it wired so the red connects to the other red hookup on the same sub and the black connects to the other black hookup on the same sub then the wire runs from the speaker and connects to one of the 2 channels on the amp, and the other sub is wired the same, and then to the other channel on the amp.
Did do it right? or am I pulling to much ohms from the amp? am I going to dammage anything?
if So please tell me whats wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks much

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 161
What ohm voice coil are each of the subs? It might say on the sub itself, if not you can take a DMM to the speaker wire inputs on the sub and measure the resistince.
And do you have the specs of the amp? Like what output wattage at what ohm, and if it is able to be bridged or not.

Username: Iandowne22

Post Number: 2
I believe the a 4 ohms DVC, and they 500Wtts

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 164
Well i dont know what ohm that amp is stable to because i cant find any specs. Or if it is stable bridged. What I would do if it is stable bridged is wire like this
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42
the 2nd option is what you would want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us