Sundown vs. Audioque

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisilver

Post Number: 23
I can't find much info on audioque amps so I thought I would ask here. I plan on buying an Fi Q 12 with BP power. I was going to buy a sundown 1200d but I heard of audioque's 1200d. Can someone give me some input on how these two compare? pros and cons, and quality

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 123
Both of those amps are really good quality that do rated power. The sundown is more expensive than the AQ but I believe the sundown is a bit stronger than the aq. Either way man both are great amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
What gauge power wire do I need to run to the Audioque? I read it only accepts up to 4gauge, but is that too small? The amp has 3 x 40 amp fuses. I'm running it 17 feet

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4443
4awg would be ok.
Also do the big 3.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Does anyone else have any experience especially with the audioque that could give some input?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9001
That is one of the most popular amps right now b/c it is good quality and a great value for the $

Username: Stl_style

Post Number: 7
If given the opportunity to purchase either amp, price not being a factor, which amp is the best quality or able to with stand the most abuse?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1767
sundown>AQ.
I would have no problem running AQ amps. Great bargin for a solid amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Are you SURE 4 gauge will be fine? It makes sense to me since the amp only has 120 amps in fuses and Knukonceptz 4 gauge is rated to 150 amps at 20 feet, but i'm no expert. Do they rate there power wire honestly? I just really don't to find that 4 gauge is too small then I have to take it out, buy 0 and reinstall everything.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1523
knukonceptz has good wire and 4 guage would be enough for 1200 RMS

that being said, it doesnt hurt to run 1/0 if you have the money for it, in the case you decide to upgrade down the road

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3897
AQ1200D-$249 shipped 1200x1 @ 14.4v
SAE-1200D-$340 shipped 1200x1 @ 12.8v

Go with the one that fits your price range.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2138
4ga is big enough for the AQ1200D. I have yet to blow an 80a fuse with mine, they are pretty efficient. I am running 2ga btw, but it's overkill.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us