Amp for 12w7

Username: Mailman561

Palm beach, FL

Post Number: 4
i wanna get A 12w7 but dont wanna have to get the jl 1000/1 amp bcuz its sooooo expensive.. i was think bout jus gettin the jl 500/1 but is it guna be able to push it without over heating... and is it guna sound good? is there any other amps that might be a better choice? any help is appreciated

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2386
What kind of budget do you have for amp?

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1629
JL pulled a fast one when they built that sub as an SVC 3. Most 2 channels are going to have trouble because they're only stable at 4 ohms bridged, and you have to overpay for a mono because the ones that produce some power at 3 ohms are going to be optimal at 2 so you end up having to buy a 1500w amp when you only need 1000.
I think it was primarily a move to get you to buy JL amps if you really like their subs.

Anyway --
The alpine pdx1.1000 would work well, but it's pretty pricey too.

The Boston Acoustics GT-28 would do a good job. It's one of the few 2 ch amps that can safely drive a 3 ohm load when bridged, and should give you 1000w or more. $390+ shipping from woofersetc.com.
The Phoenix gold RSD1200.1 would work pretty well. It's 780@4 and 1000@2 so It should give you 900+ at 3. $289 at onlinecarstereo.com
Infinity REF1211A would work too.

Username: Mailman561

Palm beach, FL

Post Number: 5
ey thanx for the help i really do appreciate it!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1360
i thought it was dual 1.5 not SVC 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us