Charging system ?'s

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 764
okay, is adding a new alternator to an existing system as easy as fabricating a bracket and getting a longer pulley? I have an extra sitting around and I was just wondering if I could ground it and just run it to a seperate battery in back for amps or what wiring is essential to an alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 230
it depends on the car. where are u located?

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
im in mn. and its an old car plenty of room for the bracket and second alternator to the rights of the fan below the intake for the carb/air filter tube. I thought about it, and I figured if it came around the normal way over the alt, then back under an extra pulley then over the extra alt and finally back into the bottom pulley that it was origionally on after the first alt it might work.
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t215/killswitchjd/?action=view&current=pulley design.jpg

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 231
u can try it take a picture of under the hood of the car and post it. i really have to see it but im sure it can be done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
I work in a machine shop type setting, Im hoping I can fabricate a bracket that will work with a hole punch and a band saw... maybe with 1/4 in steel? idk if I get a chance I will post a picture.

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 232
oh see i didnt know u were a Machinist. in that case u most likely can make a bracket.

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
I mostly do grunt work but have access to the machines
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us