An Old Friend

Username: Eriartika9

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 1
Well guys. My Kicker ZR240 from the late 90's finally crapped the bed the other day. The inside of it looked like a damn jackson pollack painting. Anyway I am shopping around for a new one now to power two Old School RF Punch HE's. They are extremely well constructed and show no signs of giving up. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for choices. I need between 300 and 400 rms to adequately power the two subs. I am not talking Pioneer and brands like that. I was thinking more like Soundstream, Cadence, or Earthquake. Any ideas. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7475
What ohms are the subs?

I'd say Kicker ZX400.1

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 2
They are 8ohms. I wired them for 4 of course.

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 3
I also like the Phoenix Gold RSD1000

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1907
The Sundown Audio SAX-100.2 would work well at 4 ohm bridge. Will give over 400 rms easy and is only $275 shipped.

Kevin

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 4
I came up with my final pics. I want to see what you guys think. RSD1000 by Phoenix Gold, Cadence TXA3002, Soundstream XTA360.2, and Earthquake 300W.2. What do you guys think? I don't want Kicker. I repeat no Kicker. They are great, but I want something different. Cadence has a great name and they provide great power. Earthquake is good for competition. I don't know about novice audio. Soundstream is great and so is Phoenix Gold because of there excellent sound little distortion and great heat sink. Any picks from you guys?

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 5
Kevin, I agree Sundown is a great pick, but my prices are limited to discontinued models of the said brands to save me some money. I understand that quality knows no price, but there are good brands without the price tag. Any suggestions for the ones I have mentioned or something else in your knowledge arsenal?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3597
I posted this on a other thread but maybe you didn't it but a Phoenix Gold X400.1 would be a great choice.(400RMS+@1-4ohm)

Woofersetc.com^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1918
What kind of budget are you working with?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Derby, CT USA

Post Number: 27
between 200 and 250 dollars. i have many ways of finding things in that budget. i just need help picking a solid brand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us