Need Help wiring Sony CD player into 2000 Yukon

Username: Cbrmike

Collierville, Tennessee USA

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to install a sony cdx-gt320 head unit into a 2000 Yukon with factory in-dash stereo and remote tape player. I bought the wiring harness from circuit city and spliced it into the new stereo. I can get the unit to power up, but don't have any sound to the speakers.

There was an additional, smaller wiring harness attached to the factory stereo. According to the diagram, it's to the remote tape player. The factory unit will push sound to the speakers only when this additional harness is connected. It has six wires (Pink, bare, green, green/white, black/white, and brown/white.

How do I connect this harness to the new stereo??? Does one of these six wires run to a power amp? If so, can i splice it into the new harness somehow?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Mike

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1080
sound like u only wired ower period. u need to wire audio in the other harness, the green gren/white types of wires should be your speakers. pink sounds like a pos and bare a ground. take a look over your charts for the truck find out whats ur power and get all that wired up, after that find what colors are your speakers and wire that up. afterwards ypu should be good. if u have a factory amp normally u must bypass it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us