Need help with pioneer radio

Username: Nickr89

Post Number: 2
ok so i bout the radio off my friend and took it out oof there car and put it in mine

i bout the adapter for the car and hooked everything up correctly i go to turn it on with teh car started and i get nuthing

all the fuses are fine but someone told me that there might be a code so can someone help me find the code or tell me if there even is a code and if not what else could be wrong?

the radio i have - pioneer DEH-P6800MP

Username: Jokerstats

Sacramento, Ca United States

Post Number: 4
well first i would check to see if the unit is blown (somehow) i dought it first !take the deck out and connect it straight to the battery red and yellow wired together and black to the negative post to see wheather it works or not it should light then use a light tester to find what power wires are not working in your car, but if you get nothing then check your clip to make sure its not pulled out just alil bit sometimes that happens; if you needed a code the deck would still light up and ask for the correct code. so what you have is a power problem, find that first then check codes

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1081
to nick, no pioneer should ask for a code. heres what your problem is, it depends on the car. if your car is a gm and in the 2000's you need to wire and external power and acc wire. even with a adapter it will not cure ur problem u need to wire that on your own. there should be 2 fuses, 1 is on the back of the pioneer unit the other in your fuse paneel. to better assist you tell me ur cars year and make. lastly to john, ur on the right track but not exactly, no pioneer should ask for a code unless possibly a stock pioneer radio. but yes nick after reading ur post again i think u need a external power feed wired in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us