Need help with pioneer radio

Username: Nickr89

Post Number: 1
ok so i bout the radio off my friend and took it out oof there car and put it in mine

i bout the adapter for the car and hooked everything up correctly i go to turn it on with teh car started and i get nuthing

all the fuses are fine but someone told me that there might be a code so can someone help me find the code or tell me if there even is a code and if not what else could be wrong?

the radio i have - pioneer DEH-P6800MP

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3724
check your wiring. It needs to be on to put a code in.

Post Number: 3
everything is wired up

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3726
well, if its not getting power... Make sure you have 12 volts on the red and orange wire. Orange to constant 12 volt source, and red to a switched 12 volt source. It should light up, and then tell you it needs a code. you cant just put a code into a dead unit. Maybe the units NG? test your power wires with a meter.

Post Number: 4
k thanx i will then see what happens

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1009
nope it's not dead, the adapter harness i assume a gm , does not carry a positive. u have to run an external positive and rem. do a test run see if u can find voltage reading if you cna't that's your issue. it's very common acctually so good luck.

Post Number: 5
i will try this i have not gotten to it yet but its a toyota camery if that helps?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1030
yea from what i remember those units need external power lead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us