Amp Settings

Bronze Member
Username: Animex2

Buffalo, New York USA

Post Number: 37
Finally re-weired a 4 gauge wire to my amp and 8 gauge wire to the subs and inside the enclosure and bumps louder.

i have 2x audiobahn 400 watt RMS DVC's with a 700 watt RMS (at 4 ohms) MDSound amp (shitty brand)

anyway, apart from getting a better amp, ive been looking at the settings to literally get more "bang" out of my subs.

Only two settings I have questions about.

The frequency, i have it set all the way up high (to 200 or however high it goes) though people say to set it around 80, i did this and the low end sounds are fine, but alot of the bass sound fades out and doesn't get picked up with songs with higher end bass. so i guess i need to decide what i want, louder low end thumps or picking up the range of bass sounds. any recommendations?

and the other question, what is the phase? i have a choice for 0 degrees and 180 degrees. I currently have a ported enclosure that the subs rest inside. Ive tried to search it but I have no clue what this does, im going to probably mess with it tomorrow though. could anyone explain to me what it does though? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7419
You should have your sub cut off around 100hz or lower, I personally have my cut off at 80hz but that's just me. The phase will change how the subs fire, just imagine reversing the positive wire and negative wire on your sub and it will now fire opposite of how it was or backwards. If you want mid-bass you should look at your enclosure or subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6912
Yeah set the LPF to around 70-80 hz. Subs are not designed to play above 100 or so.

If your midbass is lacking then you need to upgrade your mids, a good set of components if you don't have them already, and a good install is necessary.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us