Lanzar Car Audio

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 161
has anyone had any experience with Lanzar Amps? Good? Bad? I'm thinking about getting a Lanzar Car Amplifier VCT2230. I will turn the gain on the amp way down and if the guy hasn't sold them already, get a pair of competition 12's. i have sense enough to know how high to have the gain.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/329117.html

I know this list is a lil old, but i use it anyway. i found that lanzar falls under the "Good" section. i just want a second opinion from someone.

I want to be able to drive through the grocery store parking lots and set off car alarms like all the other people.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6793
Most lanzar stuff is crap. The opti series amps are ok, but really inefficient.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkvirus

Mt. vernon, AR United States

Post Number: 22
You probably wont be setting off car alarms with Lanzar amps.

Moving masses outside of vehicles requires large amounts of air compressions and expansions, which means subwoofers with large amounts of air displacement. Check your 'Vas' subwoofer parameter for a general idea of this amount. Amplifiers determine how a sub sounds, not so much how it feels.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkvirus

Mt. vernon, AR United States

Post Number: 23
I have made an error. It is the "Vd" spec of your subwoofer. It is generally not provided in your books that are provided with your subs, but calculable by using the area of your diaphragm in relation to the xmax. Be careful to make sure your units are correct or you'll get a very awry number.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
thanks very much. no lanzar for me. What are some good, reasonably pruced amps to push 2 competition 12's? rockford fosgate? thats what i had in mind to start with.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1672
Ware's, I am in Lagrange,GA and know a little about car audio. I can meet up with you an let you hear a little RD Audio setup. Also, my cousin lives in Warner Robins and has the same. Let me know, I am always willing to teach and help.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 463
^^^take a listen!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Kevin, I like the idea. Give me a few months. we are trying to get a shop built and then i'll have a nicer place to work than the shade tree. Unless you can work over the phome... My contact information is on my website: www.waresgarage.com

Thanks,
Zach

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5224
lanzar is not good. Just optidrive line that's it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us