AudioQ 1200D Crossover Settings

Bronze Member
Username: Ochoco

Post Number: 14
I recently purchased an AQ 1200D to run two Arsenal 10" subs. These are added onto a stock bose system.

Really clueless on the built in crossover settings. It has a low pass range to set and a subsonic range. I don't really understand these very well. I simply want these speakers for lows. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14034
Ur subsonic filter should be off unless u have a ported box, if so i would set it around 3-5hz below that...and the low pass range i would set at about 80hz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Didn't realise you could turn it off. Only saw two adjustable knobs, one for low pass and one for subsonic. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, wouldn't doubt it!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6668
Since you've got a sealed box, turn subsonic all the way down. Set the LPF at 70-80.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Great, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Mesa, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 717
I was thinking about buying an Audioque amp... tell me... how do you like it? Be as critical as possible and let me know your opinion - please.

thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1175
Do they come with birthsheets? Has anyone ever benched one or know someone who has?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Mesa, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 724
(dito)

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6913
According to DJ the owner of audioque the amps do a little more power than rated, but not a real lot. Their ratings are accurate but they rate the amps conservatively.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
When using the remote gain control does the gain control on the amp itself need to be set at anything specific or does the remote simply take over once it's plugged in?

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 518
on most amps thats just a bass boost, i wouldnt use it. just set your gains and leave it alone...if a song has too much bass then turn it down from the headunit sub control(if you have it)

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6972
Actually it depends on the amp..... on many amps it's actually a remote gain control that only allows the gain to be reduced from what it's set to on the amp.

You have to read your amp's manual or contact the manufacturer to find out what actually the remote does.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1736
I'm pretty sure that the Audioque is a remote gain.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Sent this email to Audioque:

"Subject: AQ1200D:
I have a question about the dash mounted remote for this amp. Is this a bass boost or a gain control. If it's a gain control is there a specific setting the gain control on the amp itself should be at if I'm using the dash mounted remote?"

DJ replied with this:

"The best way is to set your gain on the amplifier the standard method to match the HD unit and then use the remote clipping unit to turn down the amp in those instances when certain frequencies cause the amp to clip. You can also set the gain on the amp around ¾ and then use the remote clipping light to adjust the gain.

The remote is not a bass boost; it is actually a gain control.

dj"

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7013
Thats how it is on most high end amplifiers. The remote only reduces the gain from whatever you set it at on the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 524
sweet. i was wrong...maybe i need an audioque 1200D...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7024
If we had been talking about a low end amp you may have been right.

I have seen 3 different types of remote controls,

1 The type the AQ has, it reduces gain from whatever you set it at

2 A remote gain knob that overrides the gain setting on the amp

3 Remote bass boost

The latter two are usually found on cheap amps.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7574
The only good one listed is the first. You can either max out your gain to what it's set at the amp of reduce the gain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us