Is 4 gauge worth replacing to 0/1 gauge?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 380
I am going to install a second ED nINE.1 amp this weekend so I went by my local car audio shop to buy some 0/1 gauge wire. I currently have one nine.1 installed using 4 gauge and will be strapping another one to it this weekend. I asked the guy for some 0/1 gauge and to avoid making this a drawn out story, he told me I would not notice anything replacing the current 4 gauge with 0. I have a HO alt and yellow top in the rear. I want to know while I'm installing the second sub amp should I go ahead and replace all the 4 gauge with 0/1?

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA United States

Post Number: 152
yes yes yes. i would. the current draw of one amp may be ok but to be safe than sorry i'd go ahead and upgrade. " I have a HO alt and yellow top in the rear." in this case, you should already have 1/0ga wire running to the rear to support that battery and also for your big 3. don't listen to that guy, bigger wire never hurts and it leaves more versitility for upgradeing and also will save you money in the long run. IMO

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6640
One run of 4 gauge to each amp, or a run of 0 gauge split is what you need.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7133
Running 0 gauge is a good idea if you plan on running two of those amplifiers if your battery is a decent distance away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us