DEH-P7700MP no more power to it?

Bronze Member
Username: Artemis88

Post Number: 14
hey there like i said i have a DEH-P7700MP and my battery ran out last night. so this morning i went to go have it jumped and when we were jumping it for some reason the black cable on my end started to smoke and almost had a little flame... i don't know what that was from, but after the jump and my car was working, my radio no longer turns on or even shows that it has any power... any suggestions? do you think it could have fryed my head unit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
does anyone have any idea as to what could have happened? can jumping your car fry your radio? everything else is fine... someone please help.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 905
far as i know all pioneer radios are fused on the back you prob blew it.

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 239
x2...
... You either blew 1 of these fuses:
1. Radio under the hood ( Optional )
2. Radio in fuse box ( Inside the car )
3. Behind the H/U
... If those are fine ( Some how )
You fried your Memory ( Acc - Yellow ) Wire... You need to tie in a seperate wire from the previous connection, to a Constant 12v fuse in your fuse box.

That should help!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
OMG thank you. I am so happy now. I checked my fuse in my fuse box the one that says radio battery, and it wasn't blown but i changed it anyway. so i HOPE that it is the fuse on the back. and you are saying there is no way that my actual radio is fried? i am so happy lol i was so worried... didn't want to have to buy another radio! thanks for your help i will get back with results!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
any idea as to which fuse under the hood i would be looking for? i have a 2001 grand am gt if that helps. or what general fuse i would be looking for? and size?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ok so i finally found some tools, i went to circuit city and they let me borrow them for a sec, and i pulled it out and YES! the fuse on the back of the head unit was fried!!! i was so happy! so i fixed that and it worked! but then my subs weren't working, and i ended up having to replace the two fuses in my amp also. All this trouble from jumping my car... jeese. thanks to everyone who helped! now i can have my bumps back! haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us