Anyone got a USB HU?

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 236
Looking to get a used one for no more than $100, just has to have USB front or rear, and be in good cosmetic order.

Anyone got one?

Bronze Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 59
I'll guarantee you that you'll never buy even a used head unit with USB for that cheap. Save up about another 60.00 and get something like a JVC KDG 820 with front panel USB new.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
./cry

yeah it seems for around 140 - 170 a JVC will get the job done... I'd really like a P690UB ~ $210 shipped new, but i've got a bad case of CarAudioSyndrome - I spent too much already...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5903
JVC > pioneer

It has the USB port right on the front of the unit.

DO NOT GET THE "G" model though. Get the "AR" one,
KD-AR880. They are $125 new on ebay. The arsenal series HUs are good, the regular JVC ones are not so good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
wow
I thought pioneer premier > JVC

AND please link the $125 AR-880, I'd buy it right now but All I can find on ebay is $150 sale + 20 ship = JVC AR-880 for $170, so I figure i might as well spend $40 extra to get the 690ub from a site BNIB.

MS I know that 880 is the one you use, and i've seen a picture of it with a usb drive in it, can you tell me if it does 2 or 3 line display when browsing music on the thumb drive? Also does it have a power meter? (not as important as 3 line display)

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 206
are you sure JVC>pioneer

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5914
Fukkk....... they used to be on ebay for $125 + shipping

It has 3 lines
Folder, track number, time = line 1
Artist/album = line 2
Song name = line 3
Clock and stuff off to the side

No voltmeter..... those HU built in ones are usually not accurate anyways.

IMO any good brand > pioneer...... every HU problem I come across, 9 out of 10 times it's a damn pioneer.......

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 11
I recently purchased a Dual head unit with CD and front USB and AUX minjack. It was only $100 at Best Buy. It was even setup for a Bluetooth adaptor. Not as fancy as the Alpine I just bought, but certianally good enough for a driver.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 68

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5938
LMAO dual = crap

Bronze Member
Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 13
When you've only got $100 to spend, your really not into the high end teritory. I dumped over $1600 into my Alpine equipment for another car but wasn't about to dump serious money into the daily driver beater. The dual unit worked just fine for the money with factory speakers and I was able to use my MP3 player also. Quick,easy,cheap. It's not always about how much money you spend. They have come a long way since the Kraco, Sparkamatic days. Decent head units don't have to cost $300 unless your into compitition or extreme show.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 70
I remember those Kraco, Realistic and Sparkomatic days Rich, that's all there was then but electronics technology nowadays should have EVERYONE bumpin a good stereo. I have a Clarion DXZ 775USB on its way as we speak.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5951
My JVC was $125 and it's a good HU....... so yeah you don't have to spend a real lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
that KD-AR880 is what im going to get, that's kinda mid range in quality and price, actually prolly higher in quality than most since M.S. uses it. I know I can't get a new one for $100, that's why I asked for used, and comps are not in my future at all. I'm just going to wait for a good deal on that JVC.

Thanks for all the help

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5955
Mid-range quality is what it is......... the Arsenal series are good Hus but they're not Alpine quality.

Username: Ewok

Fairbanks, Alaska U.S.A.

Post Number: 6
i dont think you can get one for $100, its gonna cost atleast $165 on ebay, so save more dollar,if you could, or if you want, you can prolly buy a dual or a boss that also will provide you what you want like a usb input, because you cant force yourself into something you cant afford,

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3336
I have the kenwood X590. Its been good.
And its 100 now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENWOOD-KDC-X590-CAR-CD-MP3-USB-IPOD-FLIP-RECEIVE R-HOT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43947QQihZ011QQitemZ320212365446QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us