HELP '99 GTPw/Bose, installing deck,amp,subs

Username: 99gtpsprchd

Post Number: 2
I have a '99 Grand Prix GTP with a Bose sound system. I bought an Alpine deck(Model # IDA-X001) , a Sony Xplod 1000Watt 2/1 channel amp(Model # XM-2165GTX) , a 12" Sony Xplod 1200Watt sub with a box, Rockford Fosgate 4awg amp install kit w/a 100amp fuse, Install Edge adjustable line output converter(2-60Watts)(Model IEC AULOC) and i would like to install all of it in my car myself because they want to charge me $280 to have it done professionally at Best Buy because the Bose system makes it more difficult. I would like to know how to install these things and make it so it goes with the Bose sound system. PLEASE help me if you can!

Post Number: 3
I also have a stock trunk mounted 12 CD changer that I would like to have added to the new Alpine deck aswell if its possible/easy. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6668
In all honesty...if your vehicle has the Bose system installed in it and you planned on upgrading with the things you mentioned above it's not worth it. You'll ruin the clean sound that you more than likely have right now. Stick with the Bose setup. If you really want to change it... just wire everything separate from the way it's wired now. Run all new speaker wires and leave the stock amplifier that is in there now installed. If I were you I'd leave all the stock wiring in place so you can go back to the Bose setup when you decided to sell the car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6669
Oh and if you need that little bit of extra bass just install your line out converter and run that mono amplifier with your 12'' sub. Stick with the stock HU, especially if it has any special features such as steering wheel controls or heat/door chimes/alarm.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5877
I was never impressed by most of those "premium" stock systems, monsoon, Bose, RF, etc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6677
True but working around them can be a pain in the azz. Especially if you're new to doing installs.

Post Number: 4
whats the stock HU? what does HU stand for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6688
HU stands for head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us